Emby for Kodi problem

muzicman0

muzicman0

I am using Kodi as a front end (mostly to get EDL support), and it works well with the Emby for Kodi add on in Kodi.  But, I am having a wierd issue where empty TV shows will show up in my library, even though I have it set up to not show empty shows.  Basically, if I watch a show, and then delete it so that their are no shows left in the series, it still shows in my Kodi library.  As soon as I go into ANY show, then back out, the empty shows no longer show, at least until I exit out of that Kodi view and re-enter.

I didn't have this problem with Embycon (another Kodi Add-On), but the sorting was messed up.

I am hoping someone who uses the plugin, or the developer will see this and help out.  Can't seem to find any support links online.

muzicman0

Hmmmm...I see a reset Kodi library, but not a resync.  Where is the option located (if you know)?

muzicman0

OK, I'll give it a shot tonight.  I think I have actually tried it once, but not 100% sure.  Also, I have 2 Nvidia Shields that both do the same thing, so I don't think it will work, but I'll give it a shot.  Thanks!

heula

I have this issue to. I fixed it by using Kodi labels instead of Emby nodes. 

Now I have no longer empty shows that are visible each time you start Kodi.

You can still use all Emby functions in Kodi this way.

Edited by heula
  • Like 1

muzicman0

Pardon my ignorance!  What is a 'Kodi Label'?  I am very new to Kodi.  Played with it over the years, but nothing in depth.

heula

Pardon my ignorance!  What is a 'Kodi Label'?  I am very new to Kodi.  Played with it over the years, but nothing in depth.

Go to Skin settings - Main menu - setup the Aeon Nox main menu

Than choose change action on the item you want to change and choose video library - library nodes - TV Shows - Tags

There you can choose the item you want.

This is how I have done it.

Good luck.

• Like 1

heula

I'm using Amber, but it may have something similar.  I'll look.  Thanks.

Should be almost the same.

muzicman0

Tested on a PC here at work, and "Change Action|Video Library|TV Shows|Tags|Recorded TV" seems to work.  I won't know for sure until I try it on the Shield, but thanks, it's looking good so far! (my recording TV server is actually housed at my office).

Edited by muzicman0

TeamB

I didn't have this problem with Embycon (another Kodi Add-On), but the sorting was messed up.

I know you are not going to be using EmbyCon but I was just interested what the sorting issue you had was.

muzicman0

I know you are not going to be using EmbyCon but I was just interested what the sorting issue you had was.

"Messed up" was probably over stating it.  I wanted to sort by "Date last episode was added", but could not get EmbyCon to work that way.  

Emby for Kodi on the other hand works that way by sorting by 'Date Added'.

I still use EmbyCon for my Archived TV library as well as my Movies library.  Those I want sorted by title.

TeamB

Do you mean at a TV Show level or an episode level?

At an episode display level there should be a Sort by Date Added in Kodi sort and filter options available in the view side bar.

If you want a list of sorted TV Shows with the most recent TV Shows first then you can use the Latest TV Shows widget in the EmbyCon main menu.

muzicman0

There latest show in EmbyCon was limited to 20 shows. Wasnt sure how to change that. In any case, I have it working well now with Emby for Kodi.

TeamB

Glad you have it sorted.

For anyone else wondering you can adjust the number of items in the Interface settings in the EmbyCon add-on settings.

muzicman0

I just tried latest TV shows in EmbyCon to see how it compared, and it still seems to list by episode, not by show.  What I was after was a way to see the TV show view by show, then if I select that show, it will show all the episodes for that particular show.

Am I using the wrong thing?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I was using Recently Added, not Latest.

EDIT2: Seems to work, but I have to leave it in the 'Default' sorting, which is fine.

Edited by muzicman0

TeamB

Yes the server is handling the sorting so Kodi can just leave it to the server.

The good thing about that is this list is compiled and sorted by the server so it should exactly match the web client and all other Embry clients to give you consistency.