No Longer Working With Android Auto?

mbc0

Hi,

For the last few years I have had my phone connected to Android Auto and my job entails a lot of waiting around in my car waiting for callouts so quite often I would watch something on Emby.  I notice the app updated last night and this no longer works as I get a spinning circle but the audio is coming out of the speakers. is this by design? some kind of safety block? which I totally understand if it is but not if I am parked with the engine off and handbrake on :-)

Many Thanks

ah, sorry you misunderstand/I misexplained ;-)

I connect my phone in the car dock/cradle, it is usb so charges and connects to Android Auto automatically (nothing to do with emby)  

when waiting for parts/job to come in I will wait and start emby on my phone (forget Android Auto, it is just running in the background) when emby starts up the video will play and the sound plays through the car speakers (as stated before, I have done this for years)

as of the last update everything is as it was before except when I play a video, the blue circle spins forever and the audio comes out of the car speakers. 

I can resolve this by closing emby, disconnecting the phone from Android Auto and play over bluetooth instead.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled with no difference, as I said this has only happened since emby updated yesterday.

I hope I have explained that better :-)

Hi, I upgraded to 3.1.7 last night but still not working.  Is it possible to get hold of an older apk just to prove the issue?

I also installed the Android Auto you mentioned and obviously that is something completely different but fantastic to have an emby Android Auto App! :-)

Many Thanks

Just to update you, I installed version 3.0.97 and everything working as usual, upgraded back to 3.1.7 and broke again.

• 2 weeks later...

Please try version 3.1.12+. Thanks.

Thanks for the update, I am on 3.1.7 and no further updates available on Google Play?

• 2 weeks later...