Android for TV not sending Dolby sound

diaz1510

diaz1510

Not sure if this is app related or maybe a TV setting, but I've recently been trying out the Android for TV app on my Sony Bravia 4K TV.  I've always been an Emby Theater person, but just seeing how the app works within the Smart Content.

Anyway, I can play the content and get sound just fine passed to my Home Theater Receiver, but it shows that it is only getting PCM audio, despite me playing content that has TrueHD 7.1 Atmos, etc.  Whenever I watch straight up TV over the air digital channels, the receiver shows whatever audio is being broadcast, usually Dolby Digital.

when I play the same media via emby theater, I get my receiver to play it in the appropriate audio signal.

Is this a design of the app,or should it be passing the audio through and I need to make more TV and/or receiver adjustments?  I've scoured both systems setup menus and can't find anything particular to this, because the TV channels pass their audio signals just fine.  I know I had to select which audio signals to let ET pass through but didn't find any similar setting in the Android app.

Thanks in advance.

HI there, have you configured the system audio settings on the android tv device, as well as the audio settings within the app? How?

Hi.  TrueHD is not going to be supported on your TV.  Please do check the settings mentioned by Luke and also try something with plain DD.

• 4 weeks later...
Necureuil
Hello, 

I am currently on the trial version of Emby and I have the same observation on my Shield / Emby server is installed on my Nas.

The audio stream is in PCM while the source is Dolby Atmos.

Is it because I'm using the trial version? It is restricted on the Dolby Atmos stream? I already use Plex and the sound is on Dolby Atmos, so my parameters are correct in my amp and in my Shield. 
Perhaps you could explain where i can change something ?

Thank you for your answer

Bonjour, 

Je suis actuellement sur la version d'essai d'Emby et j'ai le même constat sur ma Shield / Emby serveur est installé sur mon Nas.

Le flux audio est en PCM alors que la source est bien en Dolby Atmos.

Est ce parce que j'utilise la version d'essai? Elle est bridée sur le flux Dolby Atmos?

Merci de votre réponse

Edited by Necureuil

Hello, 

I am currently on the trial version of Emby and I have the same observation on my Shield / Emby server is installed on my Nas.

The audio stream is in PCM while the source is Dolby Atmos.

Is it because I'm using the trial version? It is restricted on the Dolby Atmos stream? I already use Plex and the sound is on Dolby Atmos, so my parameters are correct in my amp and in my Shield. 
Perhaps you could explain where i can change something ?

Thank you for your answer

Bonjour, 

Je suis actuellement sur la version d'essai d'Emby et j'ai le même constat sur ma Shield / Emby serveur est installé sur mon Nas.

Le flux audio est en PCM alors que la source est bien en Dolby Atmos.

Est ce parce que j'utilise la version d'essai? Elle est bridée sur le flux Dolby Atmos?

Merci de votre réponse

Hi.  No, this is not related to the trial.  We'd need to look at specifics from your playback.

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

Necureuil

Hi.  No, this is not related to the trial.  We'd need to look at specifics from your playback.

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

Thanks for your answer, 

How can i do ?

My amp is a Denon X4300H, Nvidia Shield, Nas Syno DS918+

Emby Server is on my NAS and Emby's App is on my shield. It's the same with Plex.

The video is sending to a videoprojector Optoma.

So my amp indicate that the Audio is "PCM" and not Dolby Atmos.

Please tell me what kind of information you'll need, and how can i get them

Thank you

Hi.  The information we need and how to gather it is in the document I linked.

Thanks.

I’ve come across the same problem. Killing the process and restarting emby usually fixes the problem.

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !