Guest xiiMaGzx

Guest xiiMaGzx

Ok so my problem is my server uses usenet and I need/want to use a vpn so that makes me use a vpn on my emby server due to them being on the same pc. Now when using a vpn (nord) I cant connect directly to my server and remotely on my devices. Any thing i can do?

Guest xiiMaGzx

Are you talking about connecting remotely?

both for me but i just turned off the vpn because i was told all you need is ssl to not get strikes from a isp, is that wright?

Guest asrequested

both for me but i just turned off the vpn because i was told all you need is ssl to not get strikes from a isp, is that wright?

What exactly have you done?

Guest xiiMaGzx

What exactly have you done?

Load up nord turn it on (windows pc) then load up server. server works on computer but doesnt work on phone or tablet or nvidia shield 

it works directly now but not remotely 

Edited by xiiMaGzx

Guest asrequested

Sounds like the nord app is routing you in a way that's obscuring the local IP. For remote connections, you need to portforward through their firewall. I don't think they allow that. I use Torguard for this.

Happy2Play

Locally you have to bind the machine address in Emby, Dashboard-Network.  Remote connection won't work unless the vpn service allows port forwarding.  If vpn service doesn't allow port forwarding you have to manually assign your External Domain with you actually WAN address or DDNS.

Guest xiiMaGzx

Locally you have to bind the machine address in Emby, Dashboard-Network.  Remote connection won't work unless the vpn service allows port forwarding.  If vpn service doesn't allow port forwarding you have to manually assign your External Domain with you actually WAN address or DDNS.

how does one find the local ip address to bind it to the machine address?

Edited by xiiMaGzx

Happy2Play

how would one bind it to the machine address?

Apply your LAN address in the "Bind to local network address:" on Dashboard-Network.  Assuming you are having difficulty connecting to Emby with local devices while you are running your VPN.

Guest xiiMaGzx

Have you explored the network settings in emby server?

yeah i know where to put it just dont know how to get the ip. looked it up and they said put this in cmd prompt "ipconfig"  but it only shows the  Link-local IPv6 Addres

edit: found it trying it now

edit 2: alright direct seems to be working and ill have to live without remote till I get a better vpn then nord tyvm for both of your help!

Edited by xiiMaGzx

• 11 months later...