Accidental play, or play state or favourite... is it just me?

aziz

Hello,

I am looking for clarification to an issue that I find frustrating, but it could be a result for wrong usage...

When browsing my movies, I often want to open the movie (drill down) to read more or to see cast, but 9 out of 10, the user interface will do something completely different depending on were my finger lands...

If it lands in the middle... it will play movie... really frustrating

If it lands towards the bottom of the thumbnail, it could do anything that I am not even aware of, like change played state, or flagged favourites, etc etc. Even more frustrating

As a result, I have to be so careful and try to touch top left corner, and due to my fat fingers, I end up getting the menu on another movie....

Am I using this wrong, or is it just me?

seanbuff

Can you please share more details on your usage?

Are you talking about a mobile device (Android or iOS), or a touch-based browser using the Web UI only? Tablet or Surface device?

I am using android on samsung tablet, and using chrome browser to access emby sever.

It is the same as a PC interface on web browser, however, on a PC, you get the icons as you hover the mouse over the movie thumbnail, and you avoid clicking willinilly, plus a mouse is more precise than a fat finger...

Hi Luke,

On my Samsung Tablet and Samsung android phone, those tablets appear some times... for example, if I press bottom left of thumbnail, it will change play state and then a red tick will show next to a heart symbol and above it a play button will appear... all this happens when I just want to "OPEN" The movie thumbnail to see what the movie is all about.... I have fat fingers, but not comically so...

Oh oh... I just noticed... it does not do it on all movies... only on some movies, labelled SD... movies without the SD or Hd labels from the cover art pluggin appears not to do that...

I have a hunch that all my pain with my emby server is related to the cover art plugging... I will try to remove it temporally...

Ok. Ok

After further investigation, and removing innocent plugging, I discovered that SD/HD labels are a red herring. It is to do with the icon on top right of movie thumbnail... if it is a movie icon, then wrong press will play it and it will show the tick and heart.... if the top right Folder icon, it behaves nicely and will not play or change things for you...

Hi Luke,

On my Samsung Tablet and Samsung android phone, those tablets appear some times... for example, if I press bottom left of thumbnail, it will change play state and then a red tick will show next to a heart symbol and above it a play button will appear... all this happens when I just want to "OPEN" The movie thumbnail to see what the movie is all about.... I have fat fingers, but not comically so...

What version of android do they run?

Hold fire guys... I think there is something wrong with my setup...

I just installed a new emby server pointing to the same movie data location...

Behaviour of android tablet and phone client is completely different.. and as expected.

Therefore... it is my server that is at fault....

The only difference is server version and pluggins installed...

I will experiment with both and report back to help just in case.

There could still be an issue in the android app, but yes please keep us posted. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

I finally got to the bottom of this....

The behaviour I described is true and can be replicated on the Emby Windows x64 ver. 3.5.3.0.. however, this is not an issue if using the latest release of the server, 4.3.1.0. Unfortunately I can't upgrade yet as my Emby classic goes crazy, but I will keep testing.

So, how I got to this results is... I installed the server code 4.3.1.0 and it had no UI issues while pointing to exactly same data. I then installed server code 3.5.3.0, and bam, the UI is just as I described... i did not involve any pluggins while testing...

More reasons to be on the latest server, however I am still stuck with Emby Classic...

Next... i will install latest server and evaluate Emby Theatre and list here were it falls short compared to WMC.... (my gut feel says it will be in the music and photo viewing side).