Aeon Flux issue

MajesticMaerlyn

MajesticMaerlyn

Hi All,

I am currently running Windows Server (4.4.0.23, and the last stable prior to upgrading to test). I am running Android TV version 1.7.78g (on an nvidia shield 2019) as my client. 

I also rebuilt my entire library from scratch just to start afresh when I decided to move to Beta (I didn't just upgrade)

In my example I have a library which includes over 3,307 items (including collections), and the side nav bar only jumps to AE no matter what I push. I have used both basic and enhanced grid view - no change in result.
At the moment it works for my other libraries (214, 287 and 1052 items). It appears to work fine on Android Mobile and Browser (I don't use the Windows client sorry) for all libraries, including the large library.

As a side note, I have notice this menu doesn't appear in Collections on browser :) (I have 346 of those, be nice to not have to scroll all the time).

Not really sure what else I can share to assist, please advise if you need more information.

Cheers :)

MajesticMaerlyn

One more additional bit of information, sorry, I forgot to mention - I do have non-english characters displayed - could this be the issue? 5e65a330c809f_lib.png

MajesticMaerlyn

Hi,

Yes, that looks like the same issue, sorry I didn't even look in the fire-tv section ;)

Thanks for the heads up, I will follow that thread.

Edited by MajesticMaerlyn

Happy2Play

There are actually several topics, but at the same time since you built a new beta server your database will have the new sortname name scheme for all items, where a older database would of had the old scheme for already imported items.  So this will/could be a issue seen across the board soon.  The devs will have to comment on more specifics.

One more additional bit of information, sorry, I forgot to mention - I do have non-english characters displayed - could this be the issue? 5e65a330c809f_lib.png

Can you show the complete screenshot? thanks.

MajesticMaerlyn

Hi,

Sure, when I get home again I will fire up the shield again

Cheers

JasonNalley

Hey Luke, this does appear to be the same issue for me as well.  But when I go through the link you posted way above, there's another link with the solution of "change the sort title field to not have special letters, it's okay if it's blank" however, for Aeon Flux, my sort title field already IS blank, and it's still getting hung up.  I'd rather not "correct" it by changing the original title field or the title field if I can avoid it, are there any other suggestions to getting this working?

Hey Luke, this does appear to be the same issue for me as well.  But when I go through the link you posted way above, there's another link with the solution of "change the sort title field to not have special letters, it's okay if it's blank" however, for Aeon Flux, my sort title field already IS blank, and it's still getting hung up.  I'd rather not "correct" it by changing the original title field or the title field if I can avoid it, are there any other suggestions to getting this working?

Yes, install the beta of the Android TV app as well. If you wish to run beta versions of the server, you probably need to keep up with betas of the apps as well.

Thanks.

Android Open Beta Testing

JasonNalley

Yes, install the beta of the Android TV app as well. If you wish to run beta versions of the server, you probably need to keep up with betas of the apps as well.

Thanks.

Android Open Beta Testing

I followed the directions for the Amazon FireTV (That's the device I have Emby Installed on at the moment), and still have not received an E-Mail.  Admittedly, the directions, and what I actually see on screen are not lining up... so... I may have done something wrong... Is there a wait period for me to receive the e-mail?

Hi.  Amazon's process is really quite bad.  Have you received an email from them now?

JasonNalley

Hi.  Amazon's process is really quite bad.  Have you received an email from them now?

Indeed.  It just came through a bit ago while I was making lunch!  Appreciated!

Edit:  Although, I Just got it installed, and it still will not skip past the AE character for AEon Flux...  

Edit 2:  Ok, so I just read further down in the post Luke linked, and putting Aeon Flux in the "Sort Title" field did work, and it didn't change the display or original title.  It also removed the AE character from the list on the left, so at least I got it working.  I will do the same for my TV Dir, as I do have Aeon Flux the cartoon in there too... If this can be fixed without having to do that, that would be great, but I will take what I can get for now :-D

Edited by JasonNalley