Guest xiiMaGzx

Guest xiiMaGzx

Ok, I have to big problems one is I cant get remote play to work and the second is some how my video buffers when Im watching the video on the server its self with no one using it. Now with the first problem I did port forwarded and also made the firewall rule (8096). When put in the remote server on a device it tells me to login, but my password doesnt work so I hit reset password then it makes a txt file in appdata/roaming ect and I hit the link and type the code. After that it tells me to login with a blank password so I go to the login page with no password and then the site tells me "invalid password or username" so now im stuck into a infinite loop. Any help? Next the second problem well it speaks for its self it shouldn't buffer when its literally  pulling the file from the same device 

Edited by xiiMaGzx

Happy2Play

I had no issue resetting a user password and logging in remotely.  How are you connecting remotely? Connect or directly (WANIP/DDNS)

As for buffering we would need to see the server and ffmpeg log.

How to Report a Problem

Guest xiiMaGzx

I had no issue resetting a user password and logging in remotely.  How are you connecting remotely? Connect or directly (WANIP/DDNS)

As for buffering we would need to see the server and ffmpeg log.

How to Report a Problem

So.......... uh when you said "user password" it clicked I never made a userpassword so there was nothing to reset for some reason i thought it was talking about the website password XD, anyways thats fixed tyvm for getting back to me so quick! Now as for the second problem just so im right lmk. Heres the plan play movies and shows via directly and once it buffers go straight to the logs and post here?

1.)some follow up questions do i close the app first before getting the logs?

2.)clicked the link and i cant find how to get the ffmpeg log only the server logs via (Windows: %appdata%\Emby-Server\logs )

3.) when i do get the logs do i reply here so you can see it or should i post it on the windows form like this post?

:edit it seems to only buffer on some eps and also some dont even load just a infinite buffer screen. I know it works because im able to play it via vlc

Edited by xiiMaGzx

Happy2Play

So.......... uh when you said "user password" it clicked I never made a userpassword so there was nothing to reset for some reason i thought it was talking about the website password XD, anyways thats fixed tyvm for getting back to me so quick! Now as for the second problem just so im right lmk. Heres the plan play movies and shows via directly and once it buffers go straight to the logs and post here?

1.)some follow up questions do i close the app first before getting the logs?

2.)clicked the link and i cant find how to get the ffmpeg log only the server logs via (Windows: %appdata%\Emby-Server\logs )

3.) when i do get the logs do i reply here so you can see it or should i post it on the windows form like this post?

:edit it seems to only buffer on some eps and also some dont even load just a infinite buffer screen. I know it works because im able to play it via vlc

If you are not getting ffmpeg logs it means the item is Direct Playing and would suggest a network issues as the server is just passing the media directly to the player.  If you lowered the in app playback quality do you have this issue?

Guest xiiMaGzx

If you are not getting ffmpeg logs it means the item is Direct Playing and would suggest a network issues as the server is just passing the media directly to the player.  If you lowered the in app playback quality do you have this issue?

O i didnt try and get the logs yet was just asking questions i can go to it now, what logs will i send? also i cant lower the res because i cant get passed the buffer screen this is the screen https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/602686957453180941/686393396784267294/unknown.png just imagine it being a video with the blue thing going in a circle because i can only take photos

Edited by xiiMaGzx

i cant lower the res because i cant get passed the buffer screen

You can do this in the app's settings prior to playback.

Guest xiiMaGzx

You can do this in the app's settings prior to playback.

Its 100% on the computers app side both tablets play it fine on emby via direct and also on the computer vlc plays it fine there. what logs do i send because there is like a whole page of different txt files

Happy2Play

The embyserver.txt and ffmpeg log if present for the item trying to be played.  Also note the file you are playing and approximate time played.

Click the More Reply Options button and attach the files, ensure you select attach after selecting the file.

Guest xiiMaGzx

The embyserver.txt and ffmpeg log if present for the item trying to be played.  Also note the file you are playing and approximate time played.

Click the More Reply Options button and attach the files, ensure you select attach after selecting the file.

this should be it i think

Edited by xiiMaGzx

Guest xiiMaGzx

pplease get back to  me asap dont want my ip out there for long

Please try lowering the in-app quality setting. Buffering and stuttering is usually a sign that the bitrate is too high for the connection.

Guest xiiMaGzx

Please try lowering the in-app quality setting. Buffering and stuttering is usually a sign that the bitrate is too high for the connection.

downloaded theater and it works fine now 

my next problem is i want to be able to use my nord vpn on the server but i cant connect on other devices