Cannot install client on Samsung UE46F6800

CoutchPotato

CoutchPotato

I have followed instructions on installing Emby client on F series Samsung smart TV, but am getting error message after selecting "Start App Sync"

I've tried installing from machine on the local network and from IP specified in the tutorial/manual, but result is the same.

Below are mandatory details and would appreciate any ides on how to resolve the issue.

TV model: UE46F6800
TV firmware: 2126
Emby client: whatever is at 173.230.139.54 or in the github at the moment (2.2.26a?)
Error message: Failed to install. For more information, visit http://www.samsungforum.com/Support/TVAppSecurity

"clicking" button "more" under the error message just shows "null".

@@FrostByte

FrostByte

The IP is hosting 2.2.6a also and appears to be working when I download the zip from a browser.  I'll have to hook up my Orsay TV as I don't think I've everinstalled that version yet

CoutchPotato

Great, thank you!

I've tried contacting Samsung about the error message, but they are adamant that only way to install all is through app centre. If one wants to do anything else - you need to go throu Samsung engineering department, state your case and get some special permissions.

Sounds to me that lady on the other end didn't quite understand the situation, but just putting it out in case it is somehow relevant.

FrostByte

Ya, the ones you get on the phone operate from a script and are there for end users.  Installing from IP or USB is really only meant for developers to test their apps until their app gets submitted to Samsung for inclusion in the app store.  There is a developer forum also for Samsung, but not many people are still developing for their legacy OS

I need to find my long network cable then I'll load 2.2.6a and see how it goes

FrostByte

I just installed the app from IP ending in .54 on my F8000 successfully 

Do you get a pop up saying "User app sync requested" before the error message?

CoutchPotato

Do you get a pop up saying "User app sync requested" before the error message?

I'm not sure. There is some screen with progress bar, but not sure about the message. Will check and post when I get back home tonight.

FrostByte

@@SamES @Luke  it looks like CoutchPotato is getting a security error when installing on his 2013.  I'm running a 2014 SmartHub and am not getting the error he sees.

Do you think this may be a certificate problem?

https://developer.samsung.com/forum/thread/tv-apps-security-popup-in-orsay-2013-/201/304328?boardName=SDK&listLines=15&startId=00vYm~&startPage=3&curPage=5