Samsung UE65HU8580 does not see Emby DLNA Server

BiTeTHeBiGG

BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi,

I have one 65" and one 55" smart tv from samsung modell UE8580.

Both of them cann see Kodi, so also VLC as DLNA client, but all of them cannot see my prod and my test Emby.

All devices are on the same subnet. VLC wired and TVs over WLAN.

Emby is running on a Synology DS218+.

What can I do? Is something to set on the Synology?

Thanks and best regards

BiTe

BiTeTHeBiGG

It should be from 2014, but as also the VLC on my windows pc does not see it I don't really know if it is tv related only.

Edited by BiTeTHeBiGG

Can you try opening the Samsung Dlna app, and then while that is open, try restarting Emby Server.

BiTeTHeBiGG

hmm, there is not really an app. It is just a menu point where network media servers are showed.

I tried it, but still not shown.

EDIT: When I pick a kodi device and go back I am on a full screen UI where I can choose the upnp devices.

I tried to start also a test emby on windows but this also not seen by tv.

VLC is seeing now all of them.

Edited by BiTeTHeBiGG

• 11 months later...
BiTeTHeBiGG

Thanks, I will give it a try on a windows machine and let you know. However, I will not find time until the end of the first week in March at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...
BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi @Luke,

I told you that I only will have time these days at the earliest.

As I'm back from injury and still cannot sleep from pains I made the beta installation with version 4.6.0.30.
Now the tv can see emby as a network device. The first start (this time I did not have debug logs running --> embyserver-63750762671.txt) i could see the library, open it and choose the view newest.
As the library scan was just started there was at this time no items.
After the scan was done when I now enter the video section I will not get any items also no library to choose and get the message (samsung) there is no items to show.
This time the debug logs was selected (embyserver-63750762763.txt).
Just realized that the update of the dlna plugin was not running and now started the server again with dlna 1.0.56.0 but still no library listed (embyserver-63750764033.txt).

When I look with a VLC then all is working as expected.

Best regards

embyserver-63750764033.txt embyserver-63750762671.txt embyserver-63750762763.txt

Hi, I'm very sorry. I forgot about this and I hope you are doing well in your recovery. Thank you for taking the time to do this. We will review the log files.