aspect ratio lg tv app

hanand

SamES

Whan you say remuxing, you will need to do more than move it to a new container.  You will have to try and change the aspect ratio on the video stream to 4:3 to match the container 

SamES

It may not be possible to fix it without re-encoding the whole stream somehow

unisoft

It may not be possible to fix it without re-encoding the whole stream somehow

I have an OLED55C6V (2016) in the UK and an LED32610V (2017) and parents have 43UM6750PLA (2019)and aspect ratios are fine on 1.0.24 with H264 and MPEG2 content, if the content is encoded with correct flags (DAR).

So its not across all LG TVs, I suspect encoding of the material and its flags for aspect. What is it like on another LG or Samsung or ROKU or Web Player? Is the video shown incorrectly on those too?

• 2 weeks later...
unisoft

Yes, a lot of people and we're not able to reproduce the problem. That's why we're asking you to provide a sample video for testing. Is that possible?

Right, I have had two videos now were anamorphic flags were set and they play at 16:9 on everything BAR the LG player so I have changed my view to the original poster.

99.9% of the time the LG gets it right (they are all encoded in the same high level 4.0 interlaced video), but there are one or two and it ignores it and displays 4:3. I don't get the vertical stretching like the original poster showed, as the video is happily displayed at 4:3 or 16:9, I just prefer the 16:9 view.

• 2 weeks later...
hanand

Hi Any new ?

Today i set new server on my new synology (it was at pc)

the problem is still there/

movies 4k HDR are not in the right aspect ratio.

SamES

Hi Any new ?

Today i set new server on my new synology (it was at pc)

the problem is still there/

movies 4k HDR are not in the right aspect ratio.

Hi, Can you please take a photo of what you see, and attach the server logs and provide the full MediaInfo for that item?  Thanks.

Can you please check that your TV settings are correct

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/lg-tv-wrong-picture-size-or-aspect-ratio-CT10000018-1387293283068

https://ccm.net/faq/40738-lg-smart-tv-how-to-set-the-default-aspect-ratio