MB App able to Downmix or Convert AC3 to AAC for Roku

A8HTPC

A8HTPC

I have a Roku 2, and MB has to transcode all the movies I play. 

Edited by A8HTPC

Koleckai Silvestri

To enable pass through, your Roku has to be connected to a supporting device via HDMI. Then in the Roku's settings you need to change the speaker configuration from two channels to 5.1 channels.

Happy2Play

AC3 is supported (pass through).  None of my h264/ac3 movies are transcoded.

Dolby Digital audio in MKV and MP4 movies is only supported via pass through.

DTS in MKV movies is also only supported via pass through. You must connect your Roku player via HDMI to a TV or receiver capable of decoding Dolby Digital or DTS in order to hear videos with audio tracks in those formats.

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Developer+Guide#DeveloperGuide-31SupportedVideoFormats

A8HTPC

I know the server will transcode but I really want to direct play everything. Problem is, all my movies are in MKV format with AC3 5.1 Audio so no matter what I need the server to transcode since I found out Roku doesn't support AC3. Is there a way for the MB channel on Roku to do anything about this such as, downmixing or converting...something....or is Roku the problem in the end?

If its Roku creating the road block....that means either I have to re-encode all my 200+ movies, or throw the roku in the trash and possibly by a samsung TV which I "think" supports AC3....I know MB has a samsung app in the works.

Edited by A8HTPC

• 2 months later...
wedabermon

If your source files are video files with AC3 audio codec and you want to convert them to other video formats with other audio codec, you need this powerful AC3 to MP3 Tool.

Then click the "Setting..." button -> "Advanced" window -> "Advanced" tab, then go to "Audio" column, click "Audio Codec" drop-down list to select desired one like "aac".