Remote access to local folder

Przemek

Przemek

Hi, I have Emby server installed on my VPS with Debian in ArubaCloud. On that VPS I have also openvpn installed. In my home network I have Raspberry Pi with OSMC (kodi) with media library. I have openvpn client on my Raspberry Pi and I'm connect to that vpn. 

My question is that: can I add media library folders from my local network (raspberry - kodi) to my Emby server?

I don't have public IP in my network provider.

Regards,
Przemek

mastrmind11

Hi, I have Emby server installed on my VPS with Debian in ArubaCloud. On that VPS I have also openvpn installed. In my home network I have Raspberry Pi with OSMC (kodi) with media library. I have openvpn client on my Raspberry Pi and I'm connect to that vpn. 

My question is that: can I add media library folders from my local network (raspberry - kodi) to my Emby server?

I don't have public IP in my network provider.

Regards,

Przemek

As long as your VPN connection is bidirectional you can try this https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-sshfs-to-mount-remote-file-systems-over-ssh

mastrmind11

I mean, unless you have specific firewall settings added to your VPS, the VPN would be bidirectional.  

Przemek

Hi, do You know maby why my Emby server stop seeing my mounted drives from local Kodi after one day. When I go to ssh terminal I see drives are mounted but I don't see them in Emby. In Emby I have the same folders in Emby Library settings as yesterday.

Hi there, yes please go over an example and attach the emby server log. Thanks.