Electron Not Responding - "Circle of Death"

naeyaert

naeyaert

I've had something similar happen. Are you using an mpv.conf? If yes, what's in it?

Sorry I dont know what an MPV.CONF is....

All I know is my EMBY Theater crashes quite often with this Electron issue quite frequently.

Can anyone help please with the information provided?

Cheers Rob

Edited by naeyaert

naeyaert

Are you not able to update Theater beyond 3.0.8?

Hmmm sorry I didnt know that was a manual process?  I was of the impression it autodated (assuming the Server does the same)?

If I'm way behind then that might explain it.  Sorry, rookie mistake but I'd assumed I was on latest.

Does the later updates of Theatre deal with Electron?

I would try just installing the latest on top of your existing version and see if that helps.

naeyaert

Did you try it?

Hi, yes I downloaded Theater 3.0.11 and installed over top of my 3.0.8.  I noted something odd...after I installed it I checked on the app and it did say "3.0.11" yet when I restarted the app I looked again and it said v3.0.9 so that was weird.  I reinstalled it again and checked it was 3.0.11 (which it was) so I'm crossing my fingers it stays this version. 

I'm monitoring behavior to see if this electron issue reoccurs and either way I'll report back in a few day.

Thanks all for your help thus far...

Rob  

Edited by naeyaert

• 2 weeks later...
naeyaert

@naeyaert how is it going so far?  Any problems?

Hey Emby Team - I *thought* I might be out of the woods on my problem but at 9:42pm last night, I got another crash stating "Electron is not responding".

I've attached a screen shot of my event viewer.

Can anyone (anyone) please please help me?  It's driving me bonkers.

Thanks again. Rob

naeyaert

My system *crashed* again last night after your recommendation to upgrade to the latest Emby Theatre.

It did work for about a week but again at 9:42pm last night it crashed stating "Electron not responding".

I've attached a screenshot of the event viewer.

Can anyone please please help?

Thanks Rob

post-1920-0-92317100-1584560167_thumb.jpg

Try deleting that system.old folder that you see in the screenshot. I'm not sure why that's even running. That makes it look like you actually executed the old .exe file.

naeyaert

OK I will try that - but can someone please enlighten me to what Electron actually is and if I delete the directory if I'm going to have any issues?

I think someone from you team said to me a while ago that "electron was being phased out of Emby" but I dont know what that means or what it does.

Cheers for the advice,  Rob

naeyaert

It's just a framework that we use for the user interface with Emby Theater.

OK so is it still in use?  If I delete the old directory will this break EMBY?  Do I delete the old director and then reinstall Theater?

Cheers again Rob

• 2 weeks later...
naeyaert

Hi Emby Team

I hope everyone is well during this pandemic.  Please stay safe.

Hey I did everything that was suggested (deleting the system.old directory etc) and I thought I was out of the woods as it hadn't crashed for a few weeks but then *BAM* - 9:54pm last night I got the CIRCLE and then "electron not responding" message again.

I've taken two screen shots of the event log for you to review. 

Can you please help me?

Many thanks

post-1920-0-73864000-1585684604_thumb.jpg

post-1920-0-40484800-1585684619_thumb.jpg

Edited by naeyaert

naeyaert

So this is a 32-bit system? Or is this a 64-bit system running 32-bit windows?

It is a 64bit processor running 32bit Windows 10

naeyaert

Why did you do it that way?

It wasn't intentional - I just loaded a copy of Windows 10 I had a while ago on this NUC.  Is that the problem?  I didnt realize you couldnt run 32bit OS on a 64b machine?  I only have 4GB RAM so didnt think 32bit would be an issue.

The PC has been running fine for years like this.  Is this the reason my Electron keeps crashing?

Edited by naeyaert

Yes I would think you can do that, it shouldn't be the problem, but it also isn't very common.

naeyaert

Yes I would think you can do that, it shouldn't be the problem, but it also isn't very common.

OK then - can anyone please help me with why Electron crashes?  Cheers in advance. Rob

Unfortunately I think at this point we're just not sure what it is. Have you tried the windows store version?