Roku & android box shuffle ?

Pittro

Pittro

Why on roku & android tv box emby app doesn't have option to shuffle in a separate movie folder ..but on android phone app there is shuffle play for that same folder that I created in my library from a external hdd

Hi there, thank you for reporting. We are working on getting the same features into the tv apps. Thanks.

Hi.  This should already be possible in both apps.  Can you please explain exactly what you are trying to do?

Thanks.

Pittro

Ok.. I created two separate folders on my external hard drive one for movies and one for horror movies..i did a library scan both came up when .. when I go to my media then I click on horror movies Library there is no way to shuffle through the movies on Roku app or a Z8 formula box emby app..nvidia sheild does have the option to shuffle on there emby app and so does my Android phone emby app.. but right now in my living room I'm using my formula Z8 box and also my Roku TV.. hookup but either emby app does not have the shuffle play

Edited by Pittro

What is a "Z8 Forumula" box?  Is that Android?  What app are you running on it?

On the Roku, when hovered over the actual "Horror Movies" folder, what happens if you press the play button on the Roku remote?

Pittro

This is a pic from my roku tcl tv app for emby ...my media ..then horror movies section...no option to shuffle

post-199920-0-41489000-1583256947_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pittro

Hi.  There is no picture but you said "folder" before.  Is this a folder within a library or a whole separate library?

If a folder, pressing the play button on the remote will shuffle the contents.  The next release of the app (in review now) will have actual tool buttons on the screen like Android TV.

Pittro

formuler z8 box is a android box.

.on roku tv app...horror movies is a whole seperate library..when i highlite horror movies icon on app & press play nothing happens..when i press ok it takes me to all my movies but no shuffle option ..when i click a movie ..there is just play option for that movie ..no shuffle option there either

Pittro

i added pic for roku app on earlier post...thats after i click on my media icon for horror movies..also its the same for that formuler z8 android box too..

.i do have a nvidia shield in another room that does have the shuffle play option on there emby app.

Edited by Pittro

Pittro

ok...just now i figured out the formuler z8 android box emby app..it was an older version of emby app..i updated that app & now i can shuffle play just like the shield box...

but the roku tcl tv app still doesnt have the shuffle play..but at least i got that one option in my living room figured out 

but the roku tcl tv app still doesnt have the shuffle play..but at least i got that one option in my living room figured out 

In case you missed it:

...The next release of the app (in review now) will have actual tool buttons on the screen like Android TV.