Metadata When Connected via Bluetooth?

dbowles1975

dbowles1975

With the other media server when my phone is connected to my vehicle's stereo the artist and song name are displayed. I am also able to control tracks with the controls on the steering wheel. I've heard other people say this works for them but it's not working for me so I'm curious to know if I'm doing something wrong. 

dbowles1975

This should be resolved soon in an upcoming update. Thanks.

This is good news. Thanks. 

• 7 months later...
Micael456

Sorry to play thread-necro here, but was this ever resolved? I'm seeing a lack of metadata and this post came up in my search, describes my situation well.

18 minutes ago, Micael456 said:

Sorry to play thread-necro here, but was this ever resolved? I'm seeing a lack of metadata and this post came up in my search, describes my situation well.

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

Micael456
Just now, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

Sure.

Identical to the OP. When I'm playing music from my phone to my car over bluetooth, no metadata comes up on the infotainment panel. Music plays fine, and the controls work for forward/back etc, but no info on what it's playing on the screen.

Phone is a Sony G8441 running Android 9, Car is a Citroen C1 (2014+).

• 3 months later...

Since I'm using Emby more and more and I wanted to try out the Music functions from Emby and imported my Library I have a strange problem.

@Luke I'm also experiencing a similar problem when I start playing a file the metadata and everything is displayed in my car but when another song starts the metadata stays there, the timecode resets back to 0:00 but the playtime doesn't update (it's always the playtime from the first song) and also the metadata does not update.

Screenshot from the car (I think I have to clean my car if I look at the picture... :P ):

IMG_20210205_161625.thumb.jpg.5f93c9abb76c291687db17250895b351.jpg

Screenshot from the phone:

Screenshot_20210205-161637_Emby.thumb.png.e81870dcb791b2c8e0263e258a3e9370.png

Was this issue ever resolved?

Cheers,

ich777

18 hours ago, Luke said:

Do you have another BT device to compare to?

Apparently not but I can try to test it in another car from another manufacturer.

One side note, if I use another app like Deezer, Spotify or Google Play Music it works flawlessly and the metadata is displayed correctly.

I tried this on my Pocophone F1 and also my Redmi Note 8T with the latest Emby app.

• 3 weeks later...
ProfessorDNS

I wanted to give an update as I've been trying to figure this out myself. I figured my car deck was too old (it's 7 years old now) as I only get the info for the first song on my head unit, but it never updates as I go to next track manually or the song finishes.

I went to a car audio shop and tried a few different models: Sony, Pioneer, and Kenwood. While the interface is faster than mine, it ran into the same problem.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've had issues with the movies or tv shows updating the meta on the screen. I should confirm this.

EDIT: It doesn't work for TV Shows either. Movies is fine since it's 1 file at a time and requires a manual selection. When I try to use an external app like VLC to stream the video, I just get the URL + ID instead of the title.

Edited by ProfessorDNS
  • Like 1

ich777

@Luke also tried this in a brand new car VW Tiguan and still the same behaviour. If I could help you with any logs or anything please feel free to contact me.

What I've also noticed is when I got a bad mobile signal and Emby couldn't buffer the file quick enough (so there is actually a 5 second pause in between the tracks) it strangely works and the new track is displayed but only if I really got a weak mobile signal.

@ProfessorDNS do you have a way of testing this?

• 1 month later...
ich777
On 4/30/2021 at 5:33 PM, Luke said:

Have you tried the latest update to the app?

Yes, completely the same, tried it on a few different models.

Behavior like above.

I'm on Emby for Android 3.1.92

• 10 months later...
ich777

@Luke I've switched now back to iOS again and on iOS the Metadata is displayed correctly in my car and works properly, so something is broken in the Android app.