Audio Problems new htpc

Niven

Hello! :)

I just finished building my new HTPC, and before installing Mediabrowser etc. I wanted configure my speakers.. 

I have 5 speakers and one sub-woofer which connects to my on-board audio jacks (1 blue, 1 green, 1 pink.) It says that the motherboard (MSI - B85I) supports 7.1 channels.

The problem is that I only get audio from my two speakers left and right from the  green plug. 

I have installed the drivers from MSI's driver page; the Realtek HD Audio Driver version ; 6.0.1.7245 (up to date), I also configured it to 5.1 surround in the realtek hd manager interface.

But when i test the speakers only two of them gives audio. I've also tried to changed the audio jacks , which only results in stereo from two other speakers.

Also under "speaker properties" -> jack information, the only jack listed is the L R green rear 3,5 mm jack. Don't know why the others are not listed.

Would really appreciate if someone could give some tips or insight :) !

[solved] the problem :) pretty simple ,but never used this Realtek HD manager... had to point the jacks to the different speakers and it works! 

- niven

Edited by Niven

Beardyname

Maybe the 7.1 speaker configuration is achieved with for example spdif or some other form of audio out ?.

The jacks you have listed are (generally) for:

Pink - Mic in

Blue - Line in

And green - stereo or headsets output.

I would suggest opening up the Motherboard manual and see what it says :)

[solved] the problem :) pretty simple ,but never used this Realtek HD manager... had to point the jacks to the different speakers and it works! 

- niven

Thanks for sharing, well done.

• Like 2