Consistent design and feature parity across all platforms

MBSki

I think what makes the poll unlikely to be useful is that we don't want to rank inconsistencies but rather we want to address them all. We can more easily do that if we can keep the discussions separated so that each one can be tracked individually.

maegibbons

@@Luke and @@ebr

Guys you are wrong to have removed the poll.

You need to understand that it is a breach of what a forum is.

It did no harm and actually confirmed that what you are doing to bring the platforms closer together is the right thing to do.

Your users have a desire to express themselves and in this case it was via a poll. It should not be interfered with.

You have said it yourself that this discussion is NOT a feature request thread so please dont treat as such then with commenting on the lack of likes of the first post.

Feature requests. Yes - like the 1st post. But do not pull down polls.

Krs

Mark

A 'like' is always appreciated!

• Like 3

Apologies for removing it. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again. I think it's just important to remember that with that type of process it will be more difficult for everyone involved to track the individual items.

Perhaps a better compromise is to do both create a topic and add it to your pool thread. Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have just moved this topic to another forum and then the poll could have stayed.

It wasn't one-sided though.  It was almost equal across all three options and, honestly, we weren't learning a lot from it because, as Luke already stated, we strive to be as consistent as possible across the platforms while also taking advantage of those platforms.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I did not know that...

Are you sure users know what to do?

Good point.  I've added it to the text at the top (if anyone reads it) :).

MBSki

Good point.  I've added it to the text at the top (if anyone reads it) :).

That's good, although the issue is that there is not true voting mechanism in this forum. If you want people to vote, than get a real obvious voting feature added. Don't limit the votes to 5 though like Plex does though. 5 votes is nowhere near enough.

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have just moved this topic to another forum and then the poll could have stayed.

Yes, that would've been nice. 

It wasn't one-sided though.  It was almost equal across all three options and, honestly, we weren't learning a lot from it because, as Luke already stated, we strive to be as consistent as possible across the platforms while also taking advantage of those platforms.

If you looked at the yes definitely and yes with some exceptions together, you'd come to the conclusion that most folks believed the consistency isn't quite there yet. if you strive to be consistent, then simple consistency differences shouldn't occur. Seeing things like date format being different does not indicate that you're working on being as consistent as possible. Maybe you are, but the results say something different. A simple style guide would remove the doubt about how things should be and prevent simple inconsistencies from creaping into the apps. And yes I understand that you're doing your best and I do appreciate your work...especially on the Android TV app. Just looking for a little better consistency across the apps.