Server Crash unexpectedly

wsramahi

wsramahi

Hello,

since 4 days we are facing a strange emby server crash without any related log entries, we are trying to trace whats making emby crash this way without any trace!, we have 3 active emby servers pointing to the content, only the main server is crashing, finally i found in the windows event viewer an error message at the same time of the last emby log entry related to .netcore win sockets unexpected remote shutdown.

after a lot of researching for clues, i noticed .netframework 4.72,4.8 was updated before 4 days on the server, we are still not sure if this is the issue or somehow is related, hope you can help to identify and fix it. emby log file is 300mb im not sure how can i share but i attached the event viewer error message xml file

error.xml

rechner123

I am not sure but maybe since i have uninstalled statistic plugin, this does not happen anymore, or this was coincidence.

i split the log file into two files for the upload limit and included the xml error from the event log, it happend yesterday knight again

attachicon.gifembyserver1.txt

attachicon.gifembyserver2.txt

attachicon.giferror.xml

Please try removing these plugins:

TVHclient 1.4.4.0

Then restart the server and see if it helps. Thanks.

wsramahi

This plugin is for the live tv from tvhead and its the most important plugin here, what i did since i sent the logs, i reinstalled .netframework and its stable so far, i will confirm

• 2 weeks later...
wsramahi

Hello, just today for a very strange server behavior the server start crashing again frequently, its happening while the same user is watching live tv, unfortunately the logs only shows the last stream file its opening for transmitting, and the only error message i could find is from the event viewer.

embyserver-63719830615.txt

error.xml

i know it sound like TVHead client plugin, we are using emby mainly for the live tv and we can not remove it, strangely this issue we never faced! Please help as its crashing frequently!

wsramahi

an update for this issue after only 1 hour, i attached the errors i found in the event viewer even after i tried to rerun the server it crashed right after, also there was no user accessing it, logs are attached.

embyserver-63719835686.txt

error - embyserver-63719835673.xml

error - embyserver-63719835650.xml

error - embyserver-63719835686.xml

embyserver-63719835673.txt

embyserver-63719835650.txt

Happy2Play

Hard to say since that release has been out for 3 months, but if you were to try a Portable and say place it in a folder on your desktop, does it work?

https://emby.media/windows-server.html

Sounds like a OS or User profile issue though.

wsramahi

yes its hard to tell whats wrong! also emby have no error catch in general at least to keep it running and log whats going on!

however the error attached above error - embyserver-63719835673.xml is confusing, maybe some networking driver! 

maybe a driver update, also i will try to run from desktop portable and see.

wsramahi

an update to this thread, we updated the server drivers to the latest, specially the NIC, since last post no issues found, we hope its been resolved.