Python script for automating Youtube-DL to a TV library

mrb002

hello all, i just started learning python and wrote a script that (using youtbe-dl) takes a list of youtube channels/playlists and downloads the vids, renames them to emby's tv library naming standards, moves them into your emby library.  once emby has generated NFO files for them, the script will also insert the aired date and year for each episode based on the date the video was uploaded.

as i'm not great at python, i was wondering if some folks who are that might be interested in using this script would mind taking it and playing with it.  i feel like with some tweaking, it could be of more use to the broader emby community.  just post here or PM me and i'll send you the script with the instructions on how to use.  i dont want to post it publicly yet incase theres some huge bug.  don't want to ruin anyones library 🙂

EDIT:

sorry for the long delay, life got crazy.

attached is the script and instructions.

ytd_20200724_public.zip

Edited by mrb002
added file
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mrb002

hey everyone - with corona this lost my focus - but i have updated it and cleaned it a lot and will post soon.  thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i am posting to say that i've provided the code (finally).  hope this is fun for some of you.  use at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 6:53 PM, m_univ said:

hello, your script is unavailable

hey i'm sorry its still showing available for me, but i've PMed it to you as well!