100% CPU load all the time

siteripper2

siteripper2

Hello,

as it seems my Emby is on 100% CPU load all the time.

I attached a log after a server restart with no streaming going on. It is on 100% all the time.

I hope you can help me.

embyserver.txt

siteripper2

ok, I deleted Kodi and EMbyCOn entries from "Active Devices" and now the load went down. But what exactly is causing it? As I said no streams were active by the time.

I would try starting one of those back up, and then the other and see if you can narrow it down. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

siteripper2

As it seems it has something to do with some EmbyCon clients. Right now it seems that large databases of Favorites (>1000) are causing this but I have to do some more tests on how to replicate this problem.

Edited by siteripper2

• 1 month later...
siteripper2

I still run into this problem. The log shows continuously this error:

2020-04-08 14:12:08.300 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.0.5
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.88
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
    Processor count: 64
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'username')
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.AuthenticateUser(String username, String password, String hashedPassword, Boolean isInLocalNetwork, Boolean isUserSession, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.AuthenticateNewSessionInternal(AuthenticationRequest request, Boolean enforcePassword, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Post(AuthenticateUserByName request)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

A part of the log is attached!

embylog.txt

I understand, but I want to know what the actual problem is that he's trying to report.