Oddities in alphabetical ordering

Guest HenryWaxmansNostrils
Go to solution Solved by CWNashvegas,

Hi I have two films that don't conform to alphabetical ordering in movies. First "Madagascar Escape 2 Africa" shows up in dashboard and MBC as the first film under # . Second " A.I.Artificial Intelligence" shows up correctly under A in dashboard but under "I" in MBC. I know that default is set to ignore "A" at the start of a title.how do I get around this. T.I.A Neil

CWNashvegas

In the web client, go into each item and click "edit", and see what the Sort Title is set to. That is what determines the sorting order. 

• Like 1

Hi Christa I managed to sort Madagascar 2 but a.i.Artificial intelligence is still a problem. Funny thing is editing Madagascar 2 the sort by name field and name field were empty so I filled them. When I went to edit A.I. Both these fields were filled in with the proper title so I saved checked in MBC still under I. So I tried the ,an, a, in front of the title in the sort field checking and refreshing each time still under I in MBC it won't move. Weirdly after each edit it moved in the web client to T and then A respectively. So I changed back to just the title and now it shows at the start of# in dashboard instead of A and still under I in MBC . Maybe I'm just thick don't know what else to try

• Solution
CWNashvegas
"Hi Christa I managed to sort Madagascar 2 but a.i.Artificial intelligence is still a problem. Funny thing is editing Madagascar 2 the sort by name field and name field were empty so I filled them. When I went to edit A.I. Both these fields were filled in with the proper title so I saved checked in MBC still under I. So I tried the ,an, a, in front of the title in the sort field checking and refreshing each time still under I in MBC it won't move. Weirdly after each edit it moved in the web client to T and then A respectively. So I changed back to just the title and now it shows at the start of# in dashboard instead of A and still under I in MBC . Maybe I'm just thick don't know what else to try "

Try this:

AIArtificial Intelligence (taking out periods and the first space)

Sort title isn't displayed so it doesn't have to look good. :)

• Like 1

The sort routines in MBC are probably still taking into account the "A " logic.  I think Christa's suggestion should work.

Just a point of order - to mark a topic as solved, select "Mark Solved" on the post that provided the answer.

Ok ebr bit new to all this but it already looked as if it had been marked as solved on christa,s answer. Big thanks to everyone regards Neil