EmbyCon Questions

tuvx

I started using EmbyCon, and have a few questions.

• With the Emby for Kodi add-on I was able to create custom nodes to populate widgets on the home screen. As EmbyCon does not use the Kodi DB, is this still possible? I am specifically looking for a History node (to view media recently played and completed; one for Movies and one for TV), a Recommended for TV, and a Random Shows/Episode for TV. These do not seem to be currently available through the add-on.
  • When I attempt to watch Live TV, it does not work (nothing happens). I tried through the regular Emby app and have no issues. Is this a limitation for the add-on, or a bug for which I should submit a log?
  • Loading some screens seems slow (using gigabit ethernet on local network); I managed to resolve this for showing Movie lists by limiting the number of items per page, but the information screens and widgets on the home screen still take around 10-20 seconds to fully load. Is this typical, or is there a way to optimize?
Edited by tuvx

TeamB

There are a few custom widget nodes, movie and tv library nodes in the main EmbyCon menu you may be able to use with some skins. However I dont think it has the ones you listed above.

How are you selecting the Live TV?

Loading times will vary depending on a lot of things. The general rule is it will be slower than native DB access but 10-20 seconds sounds very slow, I am running my server on an old core 2 duo (10 year old machine) and a wifi network and my clients Pi 3/4 running libreelec load up in 1 or 2 seconds for the home screen widgets.

There is a log option in the advanced settings that can log the access timing to give you an idea of where the add-on is spending its time.

Is there a way for me to modify a file to get those nodes, or may I suggest an enhancement?

I selected LiveTV by configuring an action: Add-On > Video Add-On > EmbyCon > Emby Libraries > Live TV > Live TV - Programs

I try the logging to see; I'm running Emby Server on a AMD Ryzen 3900X, wired through a gigabit port on a VERO 4K running OSMC.