Active Clients Reporting

topdavis

topdavis

I am trying to track down a weird issue that I can't seem to understand.  In Playback Reporting under Active Clients, there will be an entry that says EMBY-MEDIA-SVR (my Emby server name), client Emby (4.1.1.0), user undefined.  I have attached a screenshot.  I am currently using Emby Version 4.3.1.0.

Additionally, when this "client" is on the list, a connection is open to my Silicon Dust device and connects to channel 589, NBA TV in my area, everytime I notice it.  On the Emby server, I kill the connection, but it will reconnect eventually.  I can block the remote ip address on the Emby Server using the Windows Firewall.  I am suspecting this is someone hacking into the server because the User listed is undefined.  If this is a hack, what might be the best ways to mitigate it and stop this connection in the future?

Or could it be a bug?????  The device is the server name itself and the client is server version 4.1.1.0, but that's not the version I'm running.

When I get a chance, I'm going to change the default http port from 8096 when I get a chance, so that should help.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

post-302008-0-34828800-1582609284_thumb.png

Edited by topdavis

topdavis

So I tried a little more testing to try and figure out the source of the issue.  I restarted the emby server and made sure all the tuners on the hd homerun device were set to not in use.  I connected with all of my devices on my internal network and everything seemed to be fine.  That odd connection never came back up.  But as soon as I used my cellphone and connected from a browser and from the app, the EMBY-MEDIA-SVR connection with the undefined user came up and had the same ip address as my phone on my cellular network.  Screenshot attached.

post-302008-0-49012900-1582609235_thumb.png

post-302008-0-03336200-1582609248_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Does the Active Clients on the Dashboard show the same information?

Yes.  That's where I pulled the screenshots.

No, that's from a plugin, that's not the Emby Server dashboard.

Happy2Play

So to me there is something in the Android app that the plugin in showing that the server is not.  @@TeamB do you have an idea on this?

added previous images

post-302008-0-63592500-1582659720.png

post-302008-0-49012900-1582609235.png

Edited by Happy2Play

topdavis

They are similar up until in the Active Clients from the plugin you have what seems to be an erroneous connection mimicking the external access connected devices.  I have found this to be repeatable not only from my phone, but any external device accessing the server.  Even more curious is no matter what external device connects, it always triggers a connection to the Silicon Dust device to channel 589.  I can clear the connection on the Emby Server, but just accessing the server remotely and just sitting on the webpage not doing anything launches the connection to channel 589.

It's weird.

TeamB

Playback Reporting is showing active sessions, I am not sure how different this will be to the main dashboards active players, I dont know is they should line up or not, probably not as the dashboard may be applying more filtering that the Playback reporting plugin is not.

Playback Reporting is showing active sessions, I am not sure how different this will be to the main dashboards active players, I dont know is they should line up or not, probably not as the dashboard may be applying more filtering that the Playback reporting plugin is not.

@@TeamB yes it is filtering because multiple functions are using the api for different things. I can help you with this, or potentially look at new api dedicated to this purpose, which i've been thinking of anyway.