"Next" in TV series

jdthird

jdthird

When I'm catching up on a TV series, or as just now watching the first four episodes of something new, when the first is done, I hit "Next" and it jumps to the next episode in that season.

It used to be when that finished, it went back to the display page for the episode I just watched.  Now it always goes back to the display page for the episode I started on.  For example, I play EP1, when it's done, I hit NEXT, it shows episode 2's details, I hit PLAY.  When that's done, it used to show EP2 still, and NEXT would take me to EP3, etc... 

Now, start EP1, hit NEXT when done, it shows EP2, PLAY and watch it, and when EP2 is done, it shows EP1 again.  Hit NEXT and it shows EP3 (since it remembered I last hit PLAY on EP2) and I can play it, and when EP3 finishes, I'm back again to the EP1 screen.  NEXT takes me to EP4, etc, but it ALWAYS reverts back to EP1 after playing whatever episode.

I've searched in here but my queries aren't finding anything talking about this, so I don't know if someone already brought it up and had a way to fix it, or if it's just a bug and I should just sit tight till the next update.

This didn't happen prior to this last upgrade as far as I recall, it's just something that's been happening the last few days since I did the most recent version upgrade.

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

• Like 3

AdrianW

I've noticed the same - but I can't remember it working any differently. But, it would be a good thing to fix.

jdthird

I know it didn't do it at least a couple versions ago, since the last couple months I've been bored while working from home some evenings, and have been doing a bunch of TV series marathons, and this never happened until my upgrade the end of last week or last weekend.  I just don't know if I had missed a few updates in the meantime, so if this was introduced in the most recent one I ran, or if it had been present for a couple versions and I just didn't have this change happen until I caught this last one.  But it never did this with the version I was running a week ago, it acted "as expected" until recently.

I'm just glad that it doesn't keep going back to EP1 or whatever one you started on, and having "NEXT" just take you to EP2 again, even if you were on EP8.  The fact that it's just what it's displaying that's wrong, but it's remembering the order so NEXT takes you to the correct episode at least makes it functional, this is just an "irritation" factor bug, not a usability one.

jdthird

Don't know what it's name is, it's just the default that it installs the mediabrowser classic with.  I have made no UI changes to it other than changing the timeout for the overlay for the play indicator since we can't "turn it off" by hitting "Play" again anymore.

MrWebsmith

hi guys.. this is interesting and would be new in some way.. ill try to confirm on my setups and report back to the thread... ebr is away so the more detailed info we can all collect if there is an issue here the easier it will be for him to solve when he returns..

i will contribute everything i can when i test this tonight

danswan

+1 I also noticed this last night, also Chocolate on latest release version. I tend to keep pretty up-to-date so I think it's new to this version

• 4 months later...

+1. Using Diamond.

Have this problem since months (maybe years).

Still no solution/idea....?

P.S.

my congratulations and respect to the MB team

Since many years you have brought my sofa experience to another level 

I have noticed this as well since starting to use MBS/MBC.

Win 7

MB Server Version 3.0.5424.1

Chocolate theme

Edited by AJNinGA

buddyweiser

As far as I can tell this only happens when using the new player interface. I tested using the old crappy wmc player and it works as expected.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

AdrianW

As far as I can tell this only happens when using the new player interface. I tested using the old crappy wmc player and it works as expected.

Problem occurs for me and I'm using MPC-HC as an external player.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
AJNinGA

Bump. Any updates? Still seeing this.

Server 3.2.20.0

Windows 7

EmbyWMC 3.0.307.0

Chocolate

Edited by AJNinGA

AJNinGA

Sure. This occurs with any TV Series.

Start playing EP1. When done, select NEXT. Emby displays EP2...play and watch it. When EP2 finishes, Emby shows EP1 screen again. Select NEXT and it shows EP3. Here I can select PLAY, and when EP3 finishes, Emby again shows the EP1 screen.  NEXT takes me to EP4, etc, but it ALWAYS reverts back to EP1 after playing whatever episode until Emby is restarted.

I know about this.  It is a quirk in the original code for Chocolate that I have not been able to track down to date.

Unfortunately we can't speak to the features or defects of a theme developed by a third party. If it's something you want to pursue then you'll have to just try it or ask the developer of the theme. Thanks.

AJNinGA

OK, so I tried 2 other themes and the default (no) theme. The behavior still exists, so I am guessing its a Emby WMC or Server issue, and not related to the theme.

• 6 months later...

Coming back to this issue, it seems to be present in ET on XB1.

I start a TV series, at the end of the first episode, I let the next episode auto play. At the end of the second episode, I press STOP and when ET returns to the episode list, it is back at the first episode.

So again, I believe it is a server issue. Not a big deal, but it is present.

Android TV, Fire TV and Roku should all bring you back to the episode that just played.

EMC, however, probably does not.