Folder names via DLNA Music

wentyl777

wentyl777

Hello everyone
I have been using Emby recently and have a few questions.
Emby works in the DLNA environment. Qnap (server)  Yamaha AV (music receiver), Samsung SMART TV (video receiver).
Emby forces display name folders album from ID3 TAG - 
ALBUM Information
Is it possible to change the way of displaying folder names via DLNA in the program options?
I would like the DLNA receiver to simply display the folder names, on the end of the folder path.

I apologize for the comparison but other DLNA servers have this option. (PLEX, UMS, Media Streaming on Qnap)
For me it is more convenient to browse the structure of folders with additional information, for example with the year of recording.
In attach screenshot from VLC.

And one more question. Is it possible to automatically divide audio media after the first letter of the alphabet, so that virtual folders are create?, I ask because for many years I used UMS which had this possibility.

I read this guide and wonder if I have to do manually or is there any plugin to create virtual structure of folders,

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159113-music-naming

best regards

wentyl

post-580194-0-41191100-1582545680_thumb.jpg

post-580194-0-87870400-1582545689_thumb.jpg

post-580194-0-32654100-1582545697_thumb.jpg

wentyl777

Hi Thanks for the feedback,

of course I tested the web application and it has many advantages but in my opinion only in local player mode. Unfortunately, the web application and android application is not very useful in the remote control mode for another DLNA receivers.like Yamaha.
Problems are discussed in the forum.

- empty queue list

- you can only "play now" one folder via DLNA and you can't see what's in the queue

- no support managing play queue on another DLNA device

- no support add to queue on another DLNA device
Don't get me wrong, I think that Emby is currently one of the best DLNA-based solutions, but the music management is not well developed yet.
In such a situation when you have to operate huge music resources directly on the Receiver, the mapped folder structure is very helpful.

Therefore, in my opinion, the Folder tab should reflect the one to one folder structure.

Hi, I was only asking if the Folders tab matches, but in any event, yes that is currently our Folders view. It is not perfect but it's something we'll continue to improve in future updates. Thanks.