CCTV Camera Streams Transcode

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

I've added my CCTV cameras to Emby through xteve. in the web client they direct play but in android they transcode and consequentially take a long time to open. what logs do you need to know why they transcode and allow them to direct play. SFN says "unsupported container". they are rtsp protocol

Ok the app is adding a parameter to the stream url to prevent video stream copying from occurring, most likely due to a setting in the app. @@ebr I'm sure can tell you which one.

Spaceboy

Ok the app is adding a parameter to the stream url to prevent video stream copying from occurring, most likely due to a setting in the app. @@ebr I'm sure can tell you which one.

cool, thanks. I hope @@ebr can make an app update that corrects this

cool, thanks. I hope @@ebr can make an app update that corrects this

What do you want me to correct?

You have the option "Allow Video Stream Copy" set to false, correct...?

Spaceboy

What do you want me to correct?

You have the option "Allow Video Stream Copy" set to false, correct...?

to be honest I don’t know, I’ve never had to change anything from default to get it all to direct play/stream to date. I guess what you’re saying is I need to check the box for that option?

I’m sure you’re going to tell me I’m wrong but I don’t feel that those options are particularly intuitive or explained anywhere are they? To me they seem like unless you are telling me to use them, I wouldn’t be playing with it for no reason. Genuine question though, if the option is so benign, why is it not enabled and hidden or enabled by default?

to be honest I don’t know, I’ve never had to change anything from default to get it all to direct play/stream to date. I guess what you’re saying is I need to check the box for that option?

I’m sure you’re going to tell me I’m wrong but I don’t feel that those options are particularly intuitive or explained anywhere are they? To me they seem like unless you are telling me to use them, I wouldn’t be playing with it for no reason. Genuine question though, if the option is so benign, why is it not enabled and hidden or enabled by default?

That option is enabled by default.  It was created specifically for you UK guys because you reported that your live streams would not play if we stream-copied them.  So that option was created and you disabled it at that time.

Spaceboy

That option is enabled by default. It was created specifically for you UK guys because you reported that your live streams would not play if we stream-copied them. So that option was created and you disabled it at that time.

not for me [emoji3]. The other guys get their tv by dvb-t whereas I get mine via dvb-s. I have heard you discussing that option with them but it’s never been necessary for me.

not for me [emoji3]. The other guys get their tv by dvb-t whereas I get mine via dvb-s. I have heard you discussing that option with them but it’s never been necessary for me.

Okay, can you confirm whether or not that option was enabled?

Spaceboy

Okay, can you confirm whether or not that option was enabled?

it wasnt, it is now. and now the channel does not transcode, it now says remux. in practical terms its still a bit slower to start than i'd like and the picture quality is rather blocky and there's often breakup. i see that it seems to be trying to transcode first, at least thats what it says on the OSD as it flashes up. its quicker than when it was transcoding but still just over 10s

Spaceboy

It isn't trying to transcode it is just that we don't know how it is playing until it starts.

so is that the best that can be done?

maegibbons

so is that the best that can be done?

Whats the reason given for the remux? Can you post the remux log?

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

It is a Live TV stream.  All Live TV is run through the server for consolidation, sharing and security.

and thats great, but i think the answer to the question "so is that the best that can be done?" is a yes or a no. or even some advice on how to make it better

I was answering maegibbons as to why it was direct streaming.

I really am not sure what improvements are possible as far as starting that stream but there is a LOT of work in Live TV happening behind the scenes right now so hopefully it does improve.

Down the line if we're able to implement direct rtsp support without ffmpeg then i imagine that will improve it.

maegibbons

Down the line if we're able to implement direct rtsp support without ffmpeg then i imagine that will improve it.

That is what i was driving at @@ebr

The technical reason for the remux in it being an rtsp stream. Both the audio and video streams are being "copied" in the remux.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

• Like 1