HDHomerun on Windows 10 server

d-e-n

We have used Emby to stream movie files locally for a few years now and it works perfectly.   Earlier we unlocked some Android devices to enjoy playing videos and I just activated Emby premiere because I would like to have everything in one solution. That solution should be the Emby server on a Windows 10 mediaserver.  We have different clients: a laptop with Windows 10, some Android phones and a new Nvidia Shield.  

Until now I had DVBlink (5.0) running on the server.  But I still needed Kodi to view live TV and I would really like to use Emby only.

But it's a kind of hard to get it to work.  Problems I run into.

- Emby recognizes my HDHomerun tuner and comes up with a list of channels but viewing tv is impossible.  The Shield, Android phone and also the browser on the Windows pc give the same result: nothing happens.  I only see the circle that Emby is doing something.

- What's the deal with the guide? The DVBlink server used to use the guide that is included in the DVB-stream but Emby does not seem te recognize this.  I don't have a correct xmltv file and also prefer the guide from the stream which has lesser faults then the xmltv files in my experience.  

- I saw a plugin for DVBlink but how does this work?  I installed it and filled in the correct ports but I doesn't seem to do anything except for adding a recording directory (which is empty like it has to be)

Any ideas?

Sorry. I had a busy week. I will look into this this weekend. Tnx!

Edit:

I checked the mentioned web page and it shows the following:

HDHomeRun DUAL 1220E578

Version 20200225
137 Channels

I updated the firmware (from the setup on my Windows 10 server) and no errors are given.

It is strange because the old DVBlink server is finding the HDHomerun perfectly and I stream tv-channels with Kodi on Android tv.  But the Windows 10 app from the HDHomerun on my laptop is also timing out.  Starting or stopping the old DVBlink server doesn't make a difference so I don't think the tuners are locked.

Edited by d-e-n

kanipek

Sorry. I had a busy week. I will look into this this weekend. Tnx!

Edit:

I checked the mentioned web page and it shows the following:

HDHomeRun DUAL 1220E578

Have you followed the setup for Legacy HDHR tuners?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45783-legacy-hdhomerun-setup/

Looks like you have an older dual so it may be of some help.

Have you followed the setup for Legacy HDHR tuners?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45783-legacy-hdhomerun-setup/

Looks like you have an older dual so it may be of some help.

Thank you.  The older tuner indeed was a problem and I needed an upgrade from the Windows HDHomerun software and also a rescan. 

The only thing I don't understand is why Emby doesn't show the guide that comes with the DVB signal. Isn't this possible?  I don't have a correct Xmltv file that works (Ziggo, the Netherlands) 

kanipek

Thank you.  The older tuner indeed was a problem and I needed an upgrade from the Windows HDHomerun software and also a rescan. 

The only thing I don't understand is why Emby doesn't show the guide that comes with the DVB signal. Isn't this possible?  I don't have a correct Xmltv file that works (Ziggo, the Netherlands) 

Maybe @@Luke can give some insight on the guide info

Supporting the guide straight from the tuner is planned for the future. Thanks.