App stop responding in Basic GridView mode

arsounet
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

arsounet

Hello,

On Philips Android TV (Android 5.1.1) app stop responding when a library is set in Basic GridView mode and when you click on Settings button on top to change mode to Enhanced Tab.

Tested also on KM3 TV box with android 8.1.

Unable to reset the app, even if I restart the app the settings are kept.

Any idea?

Arsounet

arsounet

Thanx ebr... I'have send many reports from this to the Android TV Emby App when it stop responding. For me it's very easy to reproduce. I just import a library and try to change appearance by passing from Enhanced Tab mode to Basic GridView. After that, unsatisfied from the too simple menu I try to go back to Enhanced Tab mode but there the settings wheel generate the no response. And like I said testing on 2 Android tv devices. So normally i think it's not to complicated to reproduce... I'll try to do a video of the fail if I can.but I have to reinstall a device for that, or is it a way to reset the configuration for devices (the user configuration is on server side or client side?).

I tried to check server logs but didn't fine something that does generate this.

arsounet

I just send the logs error. User logged in was "Maison". 

Here you can find a video of the issue :
VS_KM3_unknown (1 560 412 151)_2020-02-27 09.11.mp4

The issue was generated at 3:32 EST and logs send near the same time.

Hope this helps... for me finally I just remove user end restart and never set this gridview again.

Maybe under Android TV this is due to french layout?

Thanks

• Solution

Okay, I've found the problem but I'm surprised this would happen to you on a brand new library.  It seems you would have had to select a default tab other than the the original default for the tabbed view before switching to the simple grid view for this to fail.

In any case, this should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.

• Like 1

arsounet

Thanks to have take a look :-)
It will nice with a Personal Photos&Videos library to have a GridView to simplify navigation ... in my opinion.

It will nice with a Personal Photos&Videos library to have a GridView to simplify navigation ... in my opinion.

This fix will not affect the options available for different libraries.  Home Video and Photo libraries just have the one view and just have three tabs as it is.  So nothing is going to change there.