Media bitrate exceeds limit

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. At home I have a connection with 100 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload. At the office I have 30 Mbps to download and upload. I installed Emby at home so I could access the library from the office. I configured the Emby player, in the playback section, with a rate of 10 Mbps for videos via the internet. I tried to play a video with 8 Mbps and the server started to transcode saying "Media bitrate exceeds limit". What is the problem? What am I doing wrong? The file in question is a mkv with AC3 audio and h264 video and external subtitles srt. It is not incompatible with TV (LG, WebOS 3.5).

What is the problem? What am I doing wrong?

Hi, there's no problem. Just press play and enjoy your media.

sandro_rocha_1982

Hi, there's no problem. Just press play and enjoy your media.

Yes, there is a problem. The video bit rate is lower than the upload rate on one side and the download rate on the other and the TV is able to play. It wasn't supposed to transcode. But I think I found the problem. In playback I put 10 Mbps, in the user settings I left it in auto (empty). Leaving auto on both, transcode. Leaving only one of the settings filled in, there is a transcode. Filling in both with 10 Mbps, it played without transcode. Thanks.

Cthalpa

Is'nt this usually a case of having "Auto" or defined (e.g. 4Mbps) settings, that are lower or higher than the source? (Bitrate in the $user > Playback > Video Quality settings)

Is'nt this usually a case of having "Auto" or defined (e.g. 4Mbps) settings, that are lower or higher than the source? (Bitrate in the $user > Playback > Video Quality settings)

He said in the first post that he configured 10 mbps.