Music multiple formats for one song

Baenwort

Baenwort

So for video files we can have multiple versions of a single movie or TV show by having an extra bit at the end of the file name.

Could the same be done for music? Some of my devices can handle .flac and others can not. Because of this I want to have .mp3 versions for some devices but not have separate CDs listed for each version.

Edited by Baenwort
  • Like 3
  • Agree 6

• 1 year later...
vdatanet

I would like to have multiple versions of an album, DSD-64 5.1, FLAC 96 Khz stereo... Now all the tracks are grouped in the same album. Thanks!

Davey's

Also, what would be nice is some sort of toggle button, when I'm listening to a music file, and there's a better quality of it available or a DTS-WAV or even a music video that it can be changed to that file and then played at the same time,

as if you were changing audio language in a movie.

• 1 year later...
jakeg1235

Was just searching for this feature and would love to see it, I have multiple versions of the same album and it's annoying to see so many duplicates... Has there been any movement on this feature?

4 hours ago, jakeg1235 said:

Was just searching for this feature and would love to see it, I have multiple versions of the same album and it's annoying to see so many duplicates... Has there been any movement on this feature?

Hi, not yet, sorry, but since we support it for video, the foundation is at least there.

• Sad 1