Emby Video Cache

igeoorge

igeoorge
Hi guys,

At one time I'm trying to cache my videos on the emby.

We know that cloudflare doesn't do that, so go to other companies that cache videos.

Today, I'm using a company called GoCache.

The image cache and other files work very well, but the videos do not.

Currently my videos are all in 720p MP4.

They are all on a VPS.

At the moment, we are already running the application through the cache company, just like we do here at Cloudflare, however, all videos are in bypass.

After some frustrating attempts, we were unsuccessful in accomplishing the feat. Currently the videos are in a kind of loop.

Please, if someone has succeeded in doing this feat of caching emby videos, please share.

@@Luke, I know I asked about it before, but as I was unsuccessful, I had to come back with the question. I thank you for the help you gave me earlier.

igeoorge

alright?

Could you tell what is curly inside the emby folder?

We realize that emby caches, but we don't know what files these caches are from. Does it cache image and video?

Could you pass on those details? This could open our minds to some ideas.

igeoorge

I don't know what you mean? Sorry.

excuse

I mean;

we realize that the emby caches and we would like to know which file this cache is made from.

We would like to know if the cache that emby uses is images and videos.

pir8radio

it doesn't make sense to cache videos,  every user that connects could receive a different video conversion...    you would have to cache all possibilities which defeats the purpose of emby...   If transcoding is turned off and never used, then maybe..    

What would work for you is if emby had a way for us to specify a third party service as our media drive...  Like BackBlaze   we store all of our media in the "cloud" and if no transcoding needed the clients could pull that video directly from the cloud.