MP4 Stream to other Apps

Mazter Jedi

Mazter Jedi

Curious if this is even possible. I store all my movies in MP4. I play a game a game online and one of the in-game decorations allows the ability to stream MP4 files. Is there any way to stream my own files, already encoded in MP4, thru a direct link, into the game? I did't see any obvious answers in the settings. TIA.

There's no easy way to do this. The best answer i can give is to sniff the url from the download feature, and even that won't last forever.

My first instinct, and probably the easiest way to a playabck  URL is to try this:

5e4ffa9a534b3_videoURL.png

however I'm not entirely sure that that url is correct. 

You would have to start playback in the web app and see where the video source is coming from.

This would cause issues if the video source was being transcoded  because that source would only exists during the lifetime of playback in the transcode folder (I think).

If this way does, in fact, give you stream to playback elsewhere (Im not entirely sure it will), there is no way to guarantee stability of this url.

The harder way would be to authenticate a user in an app, and make stream requests through the API. 

Mazter Jedi

Unfortunately Chef, that didnt work. But thanks for trying. I need a valid URL ending with .mp4 and just tacking .mp4 on the end didnt work. *shrug*