5 replies to this topic

#1 mezz64 OFFLINE  

mezz64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 06:02 PM

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:52 PM

I apologize if has already been answered in the past (searched, but couldn't find anything definitive), but is there where to either skip between or bring up a view of the chapter points on Roku?  I'm coming from mostly using the android TV app and have gotten quite used to the arrow up action to bring up a list of chapters.  It seems like both arrow up and arrow down perform the same action on Roku.  Is that expected?

#2 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

Hi.  We don't have this yet during playback.  You can see the chapters on the detail screen and start from there.

#3 mezz64 OFFLINE  

mezz64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:43 PM

Can I take the "yet" to mean it is something you're looking to add in the future?  My use case is mostly skipping commercials in recorded tv.  I post process the files outside of emby to add chapter points around the commercials and usually use the chapter menu to quickly skip them during playback so starting playback at a given chapter doesn't really work.

The normal Roku seek menu works well enough though, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

#4 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

Yes, it will eventually get in there but I cannot say exactly when.

If you were to generate your thumbnails as "chapter points" only, then, I think the visual seeking in the Roku would give you exactly what you are looking for.  However, it may also constrain you to only that level of seeking (not sure about that).

#5 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2633 posts
  • Local time: 11:02 PM
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

...... and have gotten quite used to the arrow up action to bring up a list of chapters.

Ahhhh. The "unituitive" up-arrow that is now loved by many!

Would'nt it be great to press "up" and "up" again to start at the next segment of "Show" skipping the commercials?

Who suggested that? I wonder....

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

#6 mezz64 OFFLINE  

mezz64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:04 PM

Yes, it will eventually get in there but I cannot say exactly when.

If you were to generate your thumbnails as "chapter points" only, then, I think the visual seeking in the Roku would give you exactly what you are looking for.  However, it may also constrain you to only that level of seeking (not sure about that).

Thanks ebr.  I can wait, the seek isn't that bad and doesn't take that much longer.  I'm not keen on messing with my thumbnail settings since everything is working well and I don't want to mess up how things work on android.

Ahhhh. The "unituitive" up-arrow that is now loved by many!

Would'nt it be great to press "up" and "up" again to start at the next segment of "Show" skipping the commercials?

Who suggested that? I wonder....

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

For my use case, yes.  A double up to skip ahead a chapter would work wonders.  That being said, I can see some people thinking that pushing up a second time should cancel the menu and a skip ahead would catch them off guard.  So while i'm all for it personally I can understand why it may not be the best decision for all.

• ebr likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users