Unable to get past login screen

Mogulbasher
Go to solution Solved by MrWebsmith,

Mogulbasher

After upgrading both classic and server to latest builds I can no longer get into Media Browser Classic from an extender.  It works fine on pc.

When running MBC on an extender I am promted to enter the Admin account security pin, but I have no admin account, only two accounts on my server one for me and one for my wife neither of which are password protected.  On entering blank it tries to log in and gives me the invalid password box.

Here is what I tried

Created an account called admin without a password on the server.  - Result no change and entering a blank password gave me an invalid password error

Gave the user account on the server a password.  - Result no change entering the correct password still gave me an invalid password error

Deleted the admin account from the server and made sure that all references to Admin account were removed from all users/appdata/mbc/configurations - Result no change still asked me to log into the admin account

Uninstalled MBC and reinstalled MBC - Result no change still asking me to log into admin account

the page I get is a large page with a request the enter the security pin for the Admin account. I have a text box and a button to click to its right to enter the onscreen keyboard

Any advice appreciated and the latest MBC has killed my ability to use MB

thanks

This issue shouldn't really have anything to do with the version of MBC but it sounds like you have somehow set the extender to automatically log in to a particular account that no longer exists.

Creating that exact named account on the server and giving it no password should solve that issue, though.

If you are stuck, however, and cannot get that to work, then get onto the host PC and find the extender users folder and find the Mediabrowser-Classic\Configurations folder and delete the MBCommonXml.config file.  Then start the extender and you should get the log-in screen.

Mogulbasher

I tried all of that, I did manage to get in to MBC by creating the admin account as you described, but changing MBC to go to the log in screen has no effect.  The users I have in the server never show up in the classic configurator.

• Solution
MrWebsmith

in the classic configurator its definitely pointing at the verified correct internal lan ip of your mbs, right? ive never seen it not pull down the proper user list before.. just trying to think of anything you havent already tried..

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

woot! that was a pure shot in the dark tbh... glad it worked out for you