CoverArt: Feature Request: Option to Save Enhanced Images in other location

Dibbes
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Dibbes

I'd like the option to be able to save the enhanced images generated by CoverArt in another location, possibly with the media, instead of the cache folder of Emby. This to free up space on the default location which grows exponentially now with the new scrolling features.

Happy2Play

I would guess your issue was just a fluke.  You can move the entire cache folder if you wish.  But my almost 40TB of media only has a cache of under 2GB.

But my smaller beta server does have a larger cache (4GB), assume do to new scrolling in beta.

I believe the cache folder is cleaned of everything over 30 day old during the hidden scheduled task.

Edited by Happy2Play

Dibbes

I would guess your issue was just a fluke.  You can move the entire cache folder if you wish.  But my almost 40TB of media only has a cache of under 2GB.

But my smaller beta server does have a larger cache (4GB), assume do to new scrolling in beta.

I believe the cache folder is cleaned of everything over 30 day old during the hidden scheduled task.

It's not the amount of storage that is occupied, but the amount of files needing treatment. For example, I have a lot of mp3's/FLACs/etc, all with high quality album posters etc. if you scroll through the tracks in the web-app, every single track gets its own enhanced image... same goes for series episodes, etc. My main server has over 100TB of media with more than half a million media files, all with their own enhanced image...

• Solution

Why does this one item need to be a different location?  Why not just move the cache location entirely?  We already support that.

• Like 1

Dibbes

Why does this one item need to be a different location?  Why not just move the cache location entirely?  We already support that.

because I wasn't aware I could change the cache path... I can't remember the last time I took a look at the settings tab, but I'm quite sure it wasn't this decade...

Either way, never mind this then!  :)

• Like 1