New Plugin: Smart Playlists

saladin

• 2 weeks later...
Bottles51

Are you able to add an option to utilize windows star rating? I have spent years staring my music and would like to keep using this. Kodi does a good job of doing this and was hoping this could be implemented.

PenkethBoy

You are shouting into the void the dev started this thread and has not logged in since then.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
levander
On 9/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, PenkethBoy said:

I tend to not do LIVE - but daily/weeklyshuffle - as its unlikely you will add movies of an actor that often

and if you need it to update "now" just go in an edit the SP but just save it - it will update at that point 

Does daily/weekly shuffle works for you? It doesn’t for me. I mean I have to update daily myself by saving playlist manually so it is same as manual playlist mode. 

PenkethBoy

just a thought - luke has radically change the search in emby and this is after the plugin was written - so might be related

levander
4 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

just a thought - luke has radically change the search in emby and this is after the plugin was written - so might be related

I am on server 4.5.1.0

PenkethBoy

does not matter as several things have been changed and this plugin is not getting updates so it will also stop working at some point

not something to bank on - unless somebody forks it and maintains it

levander
30 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

does not matter as several things have been changed and this plugin is not getting updates so it will also stop working at some point

Pity. 

Dibbes
On 11/9/2020 at 8:03 AM, PenkethBoy said:

Still waiting for the devs to actually make this part of core... I was so hopeful back in Feb... :-(

• 3 weeks later...
gattolfo

Hi, I'm trying to add the smartPlaylist plugin on emby, 

but it doesn't appear even after restarting the server, I can know if it's because it's no longer compatible (my version is emby-server windows latest version).

levander
22 hours ago, loginlino said:

Hello,

is there a version of this plugin for Mac users?

Thanks,

The same .dll works on Mac

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Anyone else seeing errors in server beta 4.6.0.7?

2020-12-11 16:59:51.526 Error App: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Playlists.IPlaylistManager.RemoveFromPlaylist(Int64, Int64[])'.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.7
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.20270
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Playlists.IPlaylistManager.RemoveFromPlaylist(Int64, Int64[])'.
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.PlaylistItemsUpdater.RemoveFromPlaylist(LibraryUserPlaylist playlist, BaseItem[] itemsToRemove)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.PlaylistItemsUpdater.UpdateAsync(UserPlaylist playlist, BaseItem[] newItems)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Handlers.CommandHandlers.UpdateAllSmartPlaylistsCommandHandler.GetTasks(SmartPlaylist smartPlaylist, BaseItem[] items)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Handlers.CommandHandlers.UpdateAllSmartPlaylistsCommandHandler.UpdateSmartPlaylistsWithNewItemsAsync(BaseItem[] items, SmartPlaylist[] smartPlaylists)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Handlers.CommandHandlers.UpdateAllSmartPlaylistsCommandHandler.HandleAsync(UpdateAllSmartPlaylistsCommand message)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MesssageBus.Decorators.SuppressAsyncExceptionDecorator`1.HandleAsync(T message)
	Source: SmartPlaylist
	TargetSite: Void RemoveFromPlaylist(SmartPlaylist.Domain.LibraryUserPlaylist, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem[])

Pixelpaule

Hey, thanks for this very useful Plugin! Is it possible to add the Comment ID Tag (MP3 Tag) to the filter options? I use this ID Tag to add Hashtags like #Gaming, #Chill, #Party or #Love to my Music. So i can use it on every Platform or music player.

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, Pixelpaule said:

Hey, thanks for this very useful Plugin! Is it possible to add the Comment ID Tag (MP3 Tag) to the filter options? I use this ID Tag to add Hashtags like #Gaming, #Chill, #Party or #Love to my Music. So i can use it on every Platform or music player.

Does Emby read that embedded tag?

lundblad

Is it possible with this plugin so that all .mp3 files i add in folder, for example /media/music/house-music.   automatically adds to my house playlist?

and /media/music/rock = rock playlist ?

Edited by lundblad

• 3 weeks later...
Dibbes

Is this plugin still being worked on? It would be such a pity if it would just be abandoned...