New Plugin: Smart Playlists

saladin

PenkethBoy

i think its the nested queries in you screenshot - that dont work ok possibly conflict

i.e. the ones tabbed to the right

need to test more when have new version

think the OP is more interested in Audio playlists as more options for them than others

saladin

This is something I just have to try!!!

EDIT: @@saladin

A few questions:

• Is there a possibility to create a Library out of the Smart Playlist?
  • Will users (eventually) be able to create their own personal playlists without needing admin rights, which they can share (or not) with other users?

• i will try do some research at this one and let you know
  • i dont think so -> i cant find way to implement view available for non-admin user from server plugin perspective

I am not be able to reproduce issue with multiple locations. Please try same rules with limit.

From v1.1.0.0 you will be able to filter by Series.

• Like 3

saladin

i think its the nested queries in you screenshot - that dont work ok possibly conflict

i.e. the ones tabbed to the right

need to test more when have new version

think the OP is more interested in Audio playlists as more options for them than others

Yes, this queries generate conflict result -> filter items with name: "Arrow" and with name: "Supergirl" and item is episode and item name: "Doom Patrol", ..., and item is Movie, ...

To add rules to group need "+" on some criteria element in that group not on the group element.

Moreover groups have two predicates: and/or (All/Any dropdown).

Edited by saladin

Hello guys,

have a suggestion. Is it possible to build an SmartTagger funktion too?

Would be nice to automatically tag movies and series by filters too...

best regards

PenkethBoy

@@saladin

Ok - seasons and Series options are working fine for me - great work

One additional thing we need for episode is the ability to sort by something other than "Name"

reason being - you get a list sorted like this

5e5193dfb07ff_Annotation20200222204848.j

Its sorted by the name and thats working - But - we really need a way to sort by Season and then episode number

So the episodes are in the more obvious order to play sequentially

PenkethBoy

@@saladin

One other thing that needs fixing is that you are creating ALL smart playlists as AUDIO playlists

e.g. the playlist created above has <PlaylistMediaType>Audio</PlaylistMediaType> in the xml created

Movie/TV etc should be VIDEO playlist - otherwise it causes problems in Emby on playback of video in an Audio Playlist in some clients

e.g.   <PlaylistMediaType>Video</PlaylistMediaType>

and Video and Audio are case sensitive - as i found when creating playlists via the API!

Thanks again

Dibbes

@@saladin

Ok - seasons and Series options are working fine for me - great work

One additional thing we need for episode is the ability to sort by something other than "Name"

reason being - you get a list sorted like this

Its sorted by the name and thats working - But - we really need a way to sort by Season and then episode number

So the episodes are in the more obvious order to play sequentially

I had a list sorted by release date... shouldn't that work?

Can't test this now, as I'm on .16 beta and it doesn't give me any options for any of the plugins...

PenkethBoy

Yes that would work - but... 

[edit]- also if have more than one series selected would mix episodes from diff series potentially with release date if the overlap - same with season number and episode number - need to play when we have the option

5e51a7283362c_Annotation20200222221112.j

So that needs adding to the sort options as well

Edited by PenkethBoy

pünktchen

... we really need a way to sort by Season and then episode number

For only one tvshow that would be "Sortname". It's a combination of season and episode number and episode name.

PenkethBoy

yes - although not sure if the new V2 sorting (as not tried it) may affect this.

but if not then sortname would work - although i would prefer the season number / episode number as well - as it gives more control and would not be dependant on sortname

pünktchen

Another really important thing @@saladin: although only admin users can create those playlists, the result is accessible by every user.

That's why an option for every playlist is needed where one can select the user that is taken into account for the "Played" sort options and rules.

Other rules that are really needed:

• MediaType (is / is not) Video
  • MediaType (is / is not) MusicVideo
  • Path (starts with / contains / does not contain)
  • Actor/Guest Star (is / is not / starts with / ends with / contains / does not contain)
  • Director (is / is not / starts with / ends with / contains / does not contain)
  • Tag (is / is not / starts with / ends with / contains / does not contain)

Other rules that are nice to have:

• Codec (is / is not)
  • Resolution (is less than / is greater than / is in the range) -> I would suggest to take the result of width x height for comparisson in the background
  • Duration (is less than / is greater than / is in the range)
  • Parental Rating (is / is not / is less than / is greater than / is in the range)
Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 3

hstamas

• MediaType (is / is not) Video
  • MediaType (is / is not) MusicVideo
  • Path (starts with / contains / does not contain)
  • Actor/Guest Star (is / is not / starts with / ends with / contains / does not contain)
  • Director (is / is not / starts with / ends with / contains / does not contain)
  • Tag (is / is not / starts with / ends with / contains / does not contain)

A “Tag” rule would be very useful in my case as well.

FYI, when sorting episodes from multiple series, you need to use sortby "SeriesName,SortName".

Edit: It is possible the sortName part will be not wanted in newer server versions.

• Like 1

Is this going to be in the catalog? It's a beautiful thing.

The code is very well written, especially since it can get very in-depth. I think I learned a couple things there.

saladin

Is this going to be in the catalog? It's a beautiful thing.

The code is very well written, especially since it can get very in-depth. I think I learned a couple things there.

It will be but I think it is too early for now.

1. i will focus on adding some easy to made changes like: filter by tags, sorting episodes, filter by path, set proper mediatype for playlists 
  2. more tests for movie/series playlists and maybe find some issues reported earlier
  3. research more complex topics like filter/sorting by director/actors, editor available for non-admin users, etc.
  4. if no major bugs will be reported -> request to publish in catalog
  • Like 6

gillmacca01

I have made a playlist. and have left it as random, but the playlist is displaying everything in order (i.e. s1e1, s1e2).

Is this correct?

Edited by gillmacca01

Dibbes

@@ebr @@saladin

Not sure if I should post this here or in the Android test group for Android TV 1.7.87 beta

Looks like we have a problem with Android TV now. As all playlists by this plugin are created as music playlists, the Android TV app will play these as music also when it's a video from that playlist...

Dibbes

Is there a way to get the plugin to show what it's doing? Currently, after an update of one of the lists, it's doing stuff in the background, but I have no idea what, nor do I know how far it's along with whatever it's doing...

@@ebr @@saladin

Not sure if I should post this here or in the Android test group for Android TV 1.7.87 beta

Looks like we have a problem with Android TV now. As all playlists by this plugin are created as music playlists, the Android TV app will play these as music also when it's a video from that playlist...

The playlist should have a mediatype.

• Like 1

I just tried the plugin and I have several questions about how it works:

- When sorted by "Most played" what does it base it on? On all the times the media has been launched by all the users? And where to find this information ?
- Each playlist is customized to the user who will watch it ?

1. Missing a few fields that are visible in Reports that would be helpful (Runtime, CommunityRating, ParentalRating, Resolution, ReleaseDate)

2. Missing fields that are not visible in Reports that are in my nfo files - but not sure which of these are actually imported into Emby (Country, Audio Language, Studio, Credits, Director, Actor, Languages)

EDIT - Audio Language, Director, Actor must be accessible somehow since they appear on the movie's page. Really hoping Country is available also as this is one of my main use cases for smart playlists in Kodi

EDIT - This post seems to indicate that Emby does import Country into the database, but I guess it's just not visible anywhere

3. Sorting is also missing some fields that would be nice (Year, CommunityRating, ParentalRating, Runtime)

Took a look at the database. Most of these values are in the MediaItems table. Seems like CommunityRating is named as expected. ParentalRating is called OfficialRating. Country is ProductionLocations - but for some reason it only captures the last country in the nfo file. ReleaseDate appears to be PremiereDate in seconds from 1/1/1970 12 AM GMT. Runtime is RunTimeTicks, represented in tenths of microseconds oddly (a 105 minute movie is listed as 63134609408 in RunTimeTicks). Resolution is stored as Width and Height. Studio is under Studios. Audio Language is in a different table (MediaStreams2) as Language.

I'm sure the developer either knows all this or could figure it out easily but was curious so thought I'd take a look to see what's possible. Disappointing that the database only stores one country, apparently, but at least it has that option.

Dibbes

The playlist should have a mediatype.

Agreed... however, something changed (I expect when the list was extended to 1000) that made the server enforce this. Before it just played...