Apple TV app does not connect to server

nedokot

That is a CloudFlare IP and we use them as a CDN so I think you'd just be playing "whack a mole" if you tried to adjust it.  But, you should probably notify whatever authority that the IP is legit now.

• 2 weeks later...
acnp77

@@ebr

Just to be clear, this is just for running the app.  If your ISP continues to block our IP then there will be other problems.  So that will still need to be solved.

- What is embydata.com?

- What other problems?

- Are these problems all related to the apple tv app or also other apps?

I was under the assumption that my emby server is MY server and my clients are MY clients and they work also without an internet connection.

(except of course the key validation and metadata fetch)

Edited by acnp77

acnp77

@@vdatanet

Thanks!

So my assumption about the general emby architecture being privat should be correct.

I was just wondering what ebr meant with "other problems"

I was just wondering what ebr meant with "other problems"

If your system cannot connect to our servers then plug-in updates will not work, system updates will not work, Premiere validation will not work, etc...

acnp77

Updates and key validation etc. that my server requests are no problem. As long as I do not do a update, need metadata, use premiere features or TVML apps I can also run emby without a internet connection.

Not ok would be a constant need to be connected to your server in the sense of a subscription or service where your server could for example monitor activity. But as there is no need to subscribe or login anywhere is guess this should not be the case. (At least I hope so)

It would be interesting to get a complete list of features/functions that need a connection to your server.