Automatically downloaded subtitles are for a different movie

usesembyalot

usesembyalot

I have one library of movies and it works OK except some of the movies have subtitles that does not belong to them. 

Automatic subtitle is enabled for English language. It downloads the subtitles but for some movies the subtitle that shows on screen is not for this movie. 

Opensubtitle plugin is installed and in the settings I have entered my username and password for opensubtitle. (I even checked again and I can login to opensubtitles.org with my ID and password). 

What could be the cause of this subtitle mismatch?

PS: I have checked and unchecked "Require Hash Match" but the end result is the same. 

I appreciate any help in troubleshooting this. 

Edited by usesembyalot

usesembyalot

Some other info and other issues I see: 

I am running version 4.3.1.0 on Mac OS Catalina (10.15.3)

If I go into a movies and Edit subtitles. Deleting the exiting subtitle asks for confirmation but the actual .srt files is not deleted. 

If I go into a movies and Edit subtitles, clicking search shows several subtitles that can be downloaded. clicking download results in : "Download queued". What an I supposed to do now? Nothing actually gets downloaded (as far as I can see) so what is this download queued about? How is this supposed to be used?

thanks

Ok i can't reproduce this. I think that's just what their search api is giving us, but we'll investigate. Thanks.

usesembyalot

How about other questions I have asked: 

if I go into a movies and Edit subtitles. Deleting the exiting subtitle asks for confirmation but the actual .srt files is not deleted. 

If I go into a movies and Edit subtitles, clicking search shows several subtitles that can be downloaded. clicking download results in : "Download queued". What an I supposed to do now? Nothing actually gets downloaded (as far as I can see) so what is this download queued about? How is this supposed to be used?

thanks

It is deleted but then a new one gets downloaded based on your download settings. That's resolved for the next release although it will still end up happening later once the subtitle scheduled task runs.

Download queued means it will be downloaded in the background and there's nothing you need to do from there. Does this answer your question?

usesembyalot

Luke, the download queued subtitles that I select to download are nowhere to be found. So they do not download.

Delete is really not deleting the subtitle file as I can see it not getting deleted. I watch the download folder at the moment of deletion.

Luke, the download queued subtitles that I select to download are nowhere to be found. So they do not download.

Delete is really not deleting the subtitle file as I can see it not getting deleted. I watch the download folder at the moment of deletion.

Please provide an example along with the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks.

usesembyalot

I need to take that last post back. 

Deleting the subtitles now does delete them. And another is dowloaded right away. 

Regarding the search for subtitles and downloading them, I thought if I see 3 different subs and download 3 subs, I shall see all 3 files (with the names as I see them). For example if I download "The Nightingale_track3_eng.srt", I was expecting that a file with this name is downloaded. But that is not the case and that is why I thought it was not working.

How it actually works is that each time I click the download button for any of the subs, that file is downloaded and replaces the current sub file.