[REQ] I can't look at this anymore! My OCD is driving me nuts!

Cthalpa
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Cthalpa

Screen is at default (like 99% of the rest of the world) 1080p resolution, 22" (inches should'nt matter in a case of resolution???).

This last line, with 1 title in it = im gonna break my monitor one day!
Can I please request either the option to self-define amount of titles shown pr page, or cry out to you guys to adjust the generic/built-in amount shown to remove that "damn last one"!
And another thing, I have mentioned in another post: Please remove file information for users.. It's ugly to look at, and has no value for regular users!

5e4b2c662412f_why.jpg

Edited by Cthalpa

PenkethBoy

:)

change the width of you screen and the list will have more or less elements per row

on mine i get 10 per row but bigger screen - but you could change the width of the items using css so you get more or less per line if thats not what you want

As for the Media Info - you can hide that with css - but generally its at the bottom of the screen and out the way and useful to some at least

Cthalpa

:)

change the width of you screen and the list will have more or less elements per row

on mine i get 10 per row but bigger screen - but you could change the width of the items using css so you get more or less per line if thats not what you want

As for the Media Info - you can hide that with css - but generally its at the bottom of the screen and out the way and useful to some at least

Im pretty sure we can all agree, that 1080p is default for most of the world, and we can pretty much agree that for users (not admins), file info is ugly and not in any way shape or form necessary.

Thus the solution is NOT to ask thousands of users to mingle with CSS, in order to achieve the above...... IMHO that's a very wierd thing to suggest, unless you think that every Emby user is a CSS programmer?

Thank you for your input, but it's really not a satisfying solution, to have to "f*ck about" with CSS, when like I stated, the option to define images pr row/page, and giving the admin option to show or hide file information for users is far more simple :)

Edit:

On several apps, including firestick, androidtv, chromecast etc, the fileinformation is not displayed, just as desired to not break a nice UI. I dont see the reason for it to be displayed for users, just because they switch app to webbrowser.

Edited by Cthalpa

PenkethBoy

Nope - dont agree on any otf that - sorry - Im pretty sure we can all agree, that 1080p is default for most of the world, and we can pretty much agree that for users (not admins), file info is ugly and not in any way shape or form necessary.

i was giving you an option or two to solve your problems even if its a work around - not weird at all

But as you cant get past - you want this and that - which may or may not get added at some point - but having an attitude about this is not going to help you gain traction on this request

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play

Everyone has their own preferences, but every screen/display will be different so everyone could/would have a different amount of items in each row, it is scaled not fixed to x item per row.

I am pretty sure there is a feature request for no Media info for users. 

But to me who cares you have scroll beyond all relevant information to see it. 

• Like 1

the-dumb1

Attitudes have nothing to do with the implementation of a feature request. And 99 percent of the world doesn't use 1080p either. 4k televisions are prevalent, and so are high resolution computer displays.

The problem can be solved by giving the end user the ability to choose what to display and where. For example: displaying all actors used to be an option at the top of the screen until developers thought it looked too cluttered. Instead of allowing users to display what they want, where they want, in the order they want, the feature was deleted.

This boils down to configurability of the display as the end user desires. It's not a one size fits all especially when considering that there is no standard resolution contrary to what the original poster thinks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Attitudes have nothing to do with the implementation of a feature request. And 99 percent of the world doesn't use 1080p either. 4k televisions are prevalent, and so are high resolution computer displays.

The problem can be solved by giving the end user the ability to choose what to display and where. For example: displaying all actors used to be an option at the top of the screen until developers thought it looked too cluttered. Instead of allowing users to display what they want, where they want, in the order they want, the feature was deleted.

This boils down to configurability of the display as the end user desires. It's not a one size fits all especially when considering that there is no standard resolution contrary to what the original poster thinks.

From a one client/app standpoint sure, but that is not that feasible when and if it is even possible in every client/app.  This is one issue of uniformity across clients/apps also.

• Like 1