Problems with DVR Folders and Library using Docker Imgage

dranderson402

dranderson402

Hopefully this is the correct place for this. I didn't see a docker forum.

I recently just setup my Unraid server and added the emby docker. I'm using the official version. I came from a widows version previously. I completely setup the new server manually just like I had it on the old server and adjusted all the folder locations to use the shares on the unraid server. However, I'm having some issues with the dvr folders and library.

On my old windows server I had the dvr folder set to D:\recordings.

I had the optional folder for movies set to D:\movies and series to D:\series.

I used to just use the dvr folder setting alone and it created 2 sub-folders (movie and series) as a mixed library but that library couldn't filter by unplayed. So I moved the sub-folders outside of the recordings folder and use the optional folder settings.

For the new server I setup a share on the unraid server for \\unraid-ip\recordings

In that share I have 2 folders, series and movies.

I first setup the new emby server with the dvr folder as \\unraid-ip\recordings thinking it would use the series and movies sub-folders like it did with the old windows server. I scanned the library and all shows appeared in the library as expected. I had the Recordings library and when I clicked on it I had the Movies and Series sub-libraries. Click on Series and there are all my shows.

Next I ran a test recording and it put the recording under \\unraid-ip\recordings and not the \series subfolder. So I thought for now I would just change the dvr folder to \\unraid-ip\recordings\series so everything goes to the correct folder. I don't record movies from tv so figured that would be fine. But then I remembered why I used the optional movies and series folders. So I went back to settings, put dvr back to \\unraid-ip\recordings and set movies to the \movies sub-folder and series to the \series sub-folder. I let the scan run and now I see the recordings, series and movies libraries. I go to the web view and the My Media row now has a Recordings library and 2 each TV Shows and Movies libraries. All 4 of the TV Shows and Movies libraries are blank. All the TV Show recordings are in the mixed content Recordings library without the Movies and Series sub-libraries.

So I went back and deleted the libraries first. Let the scan run. Go back and save the dvr settings so the libraries would be rebuilt. This time I only had a Recordings library, 2 Movies library and 1 TV Shows library. I tried a few other combinations of dvr folder settings and deleting libraries to try and clean things up that I'm afraid I may have screwed up my database. So I don't know what I should do or try now. I was thinking maybe I need to move the series and movies sub-folders outside of the recordings folder. But then I remembered that even though I had the optional folders set, the dvr still put my test recording in the main dvr folder anyway.

Of course this could be a moot point if the filters for mixed content ware working. I don't know if that ever got fixed on the windows version or not. I just remember moving my sub-folders out from the main folder making separate libraries to fix that problem and never looking back.

dranderson402

FYI. I created 2 new shares, one for recorded movies and another for recorded shows.

I moved all my recordings to the new shares.

I deleted the recordings library and waited for the scan to finish.

Set the dvr default recording path to \\unraid-ip\recordings (old path)

Set optional movies folder to \\unraid-ip\tvmovie-recordings (new path)

Set optional series folder to \\unraid-ip\tvshow-recordings (new path)

Save and let scan finish.

In the library page of the dashboard I have one each of a recordings, recorded shows and recorded movies.

On the home web view in the My Media section I have 1 empty recordings library and 2 each recorded movies and shows library.

Only difference this time is both recorded shows libraries have content and new recordings are going to the correct location.

Now I just need to fix the duplicate libraries.

dranderson402

One more update. I still had the movies and series sub-folders under the default recordings folder. I removed them and did the delete library, scan and recreate library routine again. Now I have only one recorded shows and empty recordings library but still 2 recorded movies library.

I'm not sure how or when I may have had this duplicate library added to know what dvr settings I need to set so I can delete that library. Is there another way to remove this duplicate library?

dranderson402

Hi, try just deleting the extra from library setup.

That's the problem, the extra libraries aren't in the library setup page. They only show up on the web view and apps.

I will try deleting all the dvr libraries, let it scan and resetup the libraries one by one as best I can remember. Deleting, scanning, settings, scanning, deleting and so on.

dranderson402

Well I might have finally got somewhere. I set the default recording folder to a folder that isn't there anymore but still used the optional movie and series folders. Saved and let scan run and finish. Now I only have 1 each of the recorded shows and movies libraries on the web view. Interestingly though, now I don't have the empty default recordings folder. I assume that's because the folder it's pointed to isn't there.

Will this be safe to leave the default folder set to a folder that doesn't exist? Or should I leave it blank? If I leave it blank will the empty recordings library show up again? I would prefer to have it hidden since I'm using the optional folders.

dranderson402

All good now. I left the default recording folder blank. Filled in my optional movies and series recording folders and I now only have 1 each of the recorded movies and shows libraries. Also the empty default recordings folder is gone both in the library settings as well as the home page in web view.