User restrictions

zimny

Hi there,

I have a question about user management, specific if I can restrict user to be logged in just from one device? so they can't be logged in from different locations/devices with the same user name in the same time?

Hi Ebr,

Thanks for answer.

I have a bit different problem. Some of my users have enbycon and emby player installed on their androidtv boxes. And this devices login to my emby server from both app in the same time. So their are counted on the emby server like two devices even if this is just one user and one device.

Woo    thanks for the tip     will give it a go for few days

But this still no answer my question

When user have more app to access the server (emby player, embycon, www), server is counting the same user with another device on the emby server so I'm loosing precious device count up to  free times for the one user.

legallink

Woo thanks for the tip will give it a go for few days

But this still no answer my question

When user have more app to access the server (emby player, embycon, www), server is counting the same user with another device on the emby server so I'm loosing precious device count up to free times for the one user.

This is the way the devices are counted. If one user uses multiple,devices to access the server, each device is counted, which is why the device count is 25. But note that each device is only counted if it is a premiere app, or using premiere features. They don’t get counted just for accessing. Edited by legallink

Yes thank you  I know that

The issue is with the same device have few apps to access the server       if they are running in the background then all of them are counted on the server      even if the user can use just one app at the moment to access libraries

In that way I'm loosing the 25 (or more depend from the license) count for few devices even the user is using one of them at the time.