Wrong Artist display / Discnumberring

Georg.E

PenkethBoy

upload an example album somewhere we can download it to see exactly what tags you have and folder name structure

so we have the same as you

On 11/12/2020 at 2:08 AM, Georg.E said:

I think it is a parsing-problem...

Hi, what do you think is not being parsed correctly? Can you zip up and upload a sample album as he asked?

PenkethBoy

i have just loaded these into a test beta server 4.6.0.5

BB King looks fine

1295655865_Annotation2020-11-19080920.thumb.jpg.1726a79a5875a605d0532751234283d5.jpg

268743373_Annotation2020-11-19080954.jpg.42f34716061a558d96942aac021bbce0.jpg

this not so much - but this is down to the files having very limited or missing metadata

a quick edit in Mp3Tag and

23648097_Annotation2020-11-19081428.jpg.3a95eb7485061184f75c5d62f3999aec.jpg

Note: track number i made up

I have not re read the thread but to me these are fine with no problems - if you clean up the metadata

Hi,

what does the folder's view say? I use this most of the time. There, I see "B.B" and "Peter I". So nothing changed - I use the latest Beta.

If I navigate into the Albums, Artists look fine, there you are right.

BR,

Georg

It probably came from internet metadata. I would just rename it how you want using the metadata editor, then disable the metadata fetchers that you don't want for your music library.

• 1 month later...
Georg.E

Hi,

happy new year everybody ;)

In the folders view, the problem still exist. Are there any news about that? Its a pain to always rename the Folders after the rescans. I also upgraded to the latest beta...

BR,

Georg

6 hours ago, Georg.E said:

Hi,

happy new year everybody ;)

In the folders view, the problem still exist. Are there any news about that? Its a pain to always rename the Folders after the rescans. I also upgraded to the latest beta...

BR,

Georg

Can you show a new screenshot of folder view? Thanks.

I notice you've added an SMB location into emby server. Instead of doing this, try mounting the SMB share to a local share using the tools in the server operating system, then add the local share into emby server instead of the smb share. Please see if that resolves your issue. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...