Item playing but not in server or logs

mobamobamoba

mobamobamoba

Sometimes when direct playing on Kodi (with Kodi plugin), the Emby Server loses all track of the item, as in Emby shows a start time and then it vanishes entirely from both the Dashboard and the logs, meaning it doesn't see me as watching anything at all. None of my pauses/resume points are noted by Emby. It's as if Emby handed the item off to Kodi and then lost track of it entirely.

I'm aware that this might be a plugin issue rather than a server issue but, as I'm not sure, I'm posting here. I've attached a log. Look for "Birds of Passage"; you'll see that Emby notes my start time; it notes a few minutes later when I pause it, and then the next time Emby sees it is a few hours later when I delete it. However I watched the entire 2 1/2 hour movie and pauses multiple times during it but as far as Emby's concerned, nothing happened between that first pause and the deletion.

embylog.txt

Hi.  Those symptoms would indicate that Kodi stopped reporting those events to the server.  I'm going to move this over to the Kodi section.

Thanks.

julianb
I have the same issue. 

Sometimes when the playback starts, emby server does not see that movie is playing, so none of my automations works. It helps sometimes to pause and then resume, but this is not ideal. It can also suddenly lose connection 40% in. Don't know why this is happening, but I have tried both the beta and the stable (current) version of the Kodi for Emby plugin. 

Using Native Mode (Direct Paths)