Emby TV Guide Apple TV / tvos very slow

Mykweb

Morning couple of questions re the above.

Obviously the first one is do we have any form of update or time scale for the updated guide on Apple TV to replicate what we have on Amazon TV or even the IOS App. The guide data is horrible.

But main issue is this.

I have both Amazon Fire HD and IOS devices which I use for Live TV. Both can access the guide with zero delay and tuning into the channel. However on Apple TV OS the whole environment for Live TV is very laggy.

It takes around 20+ seconds longer to display the full channel list
When you scroll through the channels available it gets to the bottom of the page, freezes then reloads you to the top of channel (in this case BBC 1) then you need to go back down the 20+ channels again for it to load the next set
When you eventually select a channel its takes around 30 seconds to actually display the content on the screen.

Couple this with Amazon TV OS and the IOS app for Ipad or even the web page version in which they display the above data almost instantly.

The Apple TV is running on a wired 1GB connection plugged into a switch where the Emby server also has a 1GB connection.

Reason I ask this is I am just about to drop a lifetime sub on Emby but It appears a lack of Apple TV support by the devs. I am planning to move away from the Amazon boxes as they are from 2015 and slowly apps are failing to update. Looking to add 2 more Apple TV's when the new version is announced in a few months .

Mike

Keep on dreaming for the Emby Apple TV app, to get on par with other Emby platforms like Android TV. I don’t expect it to happen in the coming 6 months, because most of us are waiting for years already for that.... but maybe a miracle happens in the near future !

Invest your money in other Emby platforms that is NOT Apple TV if you want to use Emby.

• Like 2

Keep on dreaming for the Emby Apple TV app, to get on par with other Emby platforms like Android TV. I don’t expect it to happen in the coming 6 months, because most of us are waiting for years already for that.... but maybe a miracle happens in the near future !

Invest your money in other Emby platforms that is NOT Apple TV if you want to use Emby.

Senna does this sluggishness apply to all tvOS users?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senna does this sluggishness apply to all tvOS users?

In current Emby Apple TV beta app, a grid style guide is in development. So the guide you are now experiencing in the current stable Emby Apple TV app, is going to be replaced by a grid style guide.

That sluggishness is still present in current beta of the Emby Apple TV app and still needs a lot of work.

So while you are waitng for the new Apple TV to arrive, feel free to experience and contribute your experiences with the Emby Apple TV beta app, by sending a personal message with your Apple id email, to Emby Admin @ebr by using this link, requesting access to Emby Apple TV beta app in Testflight.

Thanks Senna.

Message sent.

I really want to stick with the Apple TV’s as I use them for a lot of Apple intergration around the house (HomeKit) plus use it for my zwift smart bike trainer.

Moving to another platform would

Mean a massive change and some content (Apple Music and videos) would not be available.

• Like 1

vdatanet

Thanks Senna.

Message sent.

I really want to stick with the Apple TV’s as I use them for a lot of Apple intergration around the house (HomeKit) plus use it for my zwift smart bike trainer.

Moving to another platform would

Mean a massive change and some content (Apple Music and videos) would not be available.

Depending on your content, it would be difficult to stick with Emby for Apple TV.