Where is MBTheater

ebr

I'm very excited for this as well. I'm right on the crux of deciding much of our household computing between MS products/ecosystem and Apple. MBT with a NUC HTPC and ripped discs is one direction for our media or just taking the quality hit for the ease of use and going iTunes/Apple TV. It's all a trade off of hours for quality. Time is ticking for me to make a decision though and I really hope to see this soon as seeing it could very well help sway my direction.

jj12345

Not knowing how far away we are from a public beta I wonder if there are any build instructions for those willing to pull the code down with git.  I assume the MBT solution has some dependencies on others like the API and may be able to sort it out on my own but wonder if there is already instructions on doing something like this.

CBers

Don't expect a complete solution on day one though.

Still loads of stuff to add/fix/enhance, but it does look good and is functional.

• Like 1

Sorry, quotes do not work on IE11.. I was responding to EBR comments that you get more functionality out of MBT if you use MKV's... with MP4 now also able to handle multiple streams, MP4's should also work just fine..

Edited by ronvp

You should be sure to post that fact into http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/833-for-forum-issue-please-post-it-in-this-thread/ so that it can get looked into.

Cheers

Yeah, it is a problem with the IPS board software.  Hopefully, they are looking into it.  I can pretty much only read the forums on my new Surface 2 because of this.

Yeah, it is a problem with the IPS board software.  Hopefully, they are looking into it.  I can pretty much only read the forums on my new Surface 2 because of this.

Works fine in Firefox also. :D

crashkelly

I also have the issue on my Surface Pro with 8.1

you can start chrome in desktop mode and then there's a menu option to switch to windows 8 mode. 

While RT does have the desktop buried in there, it isn't exactly easy to deal with.  I'm hoping IPS gets on the ball because, other than this, IE works really well on the Surface.

Good job deflecting us away from fretting about MBT! :D

Please, please, release it... we promise we don't expect it to be perfect yet! :)

A technical preview is coming in a week or two. Next weekend is possible, but if not, definitely the one after that.

MBT has a short feature set right now, but what it does have is pretty stable. Due to all of my responsibilities with this project I've come to accept that MBT is going to evolve slowly, but the product is usable if you can accept what it can and can't do. So for that reason, I'm not going to keep you guys waiting much longer.

• Like 16

yardameus

A technical preview is coming in a week or two. Next weekend is possible, but if not, definitely the one after that.

MBT has a short feature set right now, but what it does have is pretty stable. Due to all of my responsibilities with this project I've come to accept that MBT is going to evolve slowly, but the product is usable if you can accept what it can and can't do. So for that reason, I'm not going to keep you guys waiting much longer.

The fact that you've gotten half this much done is impressive.

johnchimpo

As far as I know, Win RT won't allow a browser other than IE.

If this is true I'm sorely disappointed. Was planning to pick up a surface in a few weeks, and given my experience with Win8 I thought Chrome could be ran inside of metro.

SilentAssassin

Because RT won't run x86 'programs' you cannot run any other browsers. You can only run 'apps' from the store. Google will more than likely never create an app version of Chrome but I recall reading somewhere that Firefox may be looking into it though.