[apple tv] now playing screen/button

tgunergun

tgunergun

Hi Guys,

How to get to “now playing” screen? I add a track or album, when i get back to home screen, i can not find / get to “now playing” screen :-(

Thanks

Tgun

post-179848-0-00708200-1581720125_thumb.jpeg

Edited by tgunergun
  • Like 1

tgunergun

Hi, is it currently playing at the time?

Yes, it plays the queue as expected but there is no visible “now playing” button or screen i can go back.

Can you reproduce this?  Did you exit the app with the music playing and then come back?  Did you ever see the now playing button on the home screen?

tgunergun

Can you reproduce this?  Did you exit the app with the music playing and then come back?  Did you ever see the now playing button on the home screen?

Yes, it happens every time so yeah easy to reproduce and i have never seen "now playing" button at all on the home screen.

If i exit the app while music playing and re-launch it, nothing happens, still there is no "now playing" anywhere nor music carry on playing.

vdatanet

That's true, new "Now playing" button has gone away (the custom solution to fix the Now Playing bug).

tgunergun

That's true, new "Now playing" button has gone away (the custom solution to fix the Now Playing bug).

So what’s the workaround then? any dependencies? hotfix planned?

Edited by tgunergun

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
tgunergun

This should be fixed in beta very soon.

is the issue fixed now? Can i give it a go?

Thanks

• 7 months later...
tgunergun

@corey

@ebr

Hi Guys, I'm glad to see this is fixed now...many thanks! but while testing I realized that "Now Playing" is only available on the "Main Menu (Home screen)" not under "My Media" sub pages, in my example I could not find it under "Music" menus.

This causes a bit of faff as you need to go back to the main menu every time if you want to check what's playing.

Is there a better way of handling this? Can we have it in other menus as well?

Thanks
T

Main Menu _ Home Screen.jpg

Menu under Music (My Media) folder.jpg

Edited by tgunergun

Hi - 

We did this intentionally because there’s a fixed tab limit on tvOS so in libraries like a music/movies/TV I believe we’d exceed the limit so we just kept it to her Home Screen so users wouldn’t wonder why it’d show up on some libraries and not others.