Support for Opensubtitles.com

hemandk

Dibbes

Hi, is it the exact same thing just different url?

nope, it's a different site with different database and users, but same owners (it seems)... I think the .com version is a beta site for the .org version though... the .org is more up to date...

Edited by Dibbes

pir8radio

Just asking......  but why would you want to add something that is/was a beta and probably considered out of date when you already have the primary up-to-date site?    just curious, not trying to rock the boat. ...  lol

Edited by pir8radio

Dibbes

Ok so I assume the api is different which will require all new development.

I don't know about that... sorry

Just asking......  but why would you want to add something that is/was a beta and probably considered out of date when you already have the primary up-to-date site?    just curious, not trying to rock the boat. ...  lol

the .org has not been very stable lately... I've been mainly using Podnapisi lately because the .org site quite often just doesn't give any returns...

Happy2Play

Because it looks like "OpenSubtitles.org" will be blocked soon for a lot of users.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82103-warn-opensubtitlesorg-blocked-by-all-major-isps/

pir8radio

Because it looks like "OpenSubtitles.org" will be blocked soon for a lot of users.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82103-warn-opensubtitlesorg-blocked-by-all-major-isps/

Sounds like I need to setup an nginx proxy service for pay!      Get your own masked url that proxies opensubtitles.org  the masked url isnt blocked...   only $20/yr    :)

Humm how to get @@Luke to include a proxy option?  (alternative url to opensubtitles.org everything else the same)   :huh:  ^_^

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI, we've just completed the work to move to the new open subtitles api but haven't started rolling it out to users just yet, so stay tuned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I juste discover the email from Opensubtitles : we have to pay to continue using the API ?

Or you say that new open subtitles api is free ?

Thanks

darkassassin07

Old API is retiring, but can still be accessed past dec 31st via a paid VIP account. (what emby has been using)

New API (what emby will be using soon) is rate limited to 5 downloads per ip per 24hrs without login, 10 downloads/24hrs with a basic free login, and up to 1000/24hrs with a VIP account. (unlimited search queries regardless of account)

Counters reset midnight UTC.

https://opensubtitles.stoplight.io/docs/opensubtitles-api/e3750fd63a100-getting-started

Verry good !
New API (what emby will be using soon) : do we need to create an acount like now ? Or is it installed in Emby ?
I imagine that your are going to give us informations
Many thanks !
Emby is so easy to use and perfect !

2 hours ago, AUBERT said:

Verry good !
New API (what emby will be using soon) : do we need to create an acount like now ? Or is it installed in Emby ?
I imagine that your are going to give us informations
Many thanks !
Emby is so easy to use and perfect !

What will happen is that with Emby Premiere you won't need to do anything as it will just work. Without Emby Premiere you will need to create an account on the new open subtitle website and configure that in emby server.

43 minutes ago, Luke said:

What will happen is that with Emby Premiere you won't need to do anything as it will just work.

What does that mean? Does Emby have some sort of agreement with them that does not limit access or am I getting this the wrong way?

• Agree 2

A minor question on how the Subtitle task works / will work for opensubtitles:

Lets say the "Download subtitle" task runs once per day and needs to download subtitles for 20 episodes (one per each ep).

With the new limits and without opensubtitles VIP or Emby Premiere when it hits the 10 downloads limit will it just fail and on the next run scan again all files for missing subtitles or will it try first the ones that failed from the previous run?

1 minute ago, Loke said:

A minor question on how the Subtitle task works / will work for opensubtitles:

Lets say the "Download subtitle" task runs once per day and needs to download subtitles for 20 episodes (one per each ep).

With the new limits and without opensubtitles VIP or Emby Premiere when it hits the 10 downloads limit will it just fail and on the next run scan again all files for missing subtitles or will it try first the ones that failed from the previous run?

HI, it will retry the ones that failed.

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, it will retry the ones that failed.

Just to make sure you mean it will retry the ones that failed on the next task run and before scanning the library(ies) for missing subtitles?

scanning the library(ies) for missing subtitles

There is no "scan library for missing subtitles" function.

It will retry on the next task, whenever that happens to be.

• 4 weeks later...