Support for Opensubtitles.com

hemandk

Hi, is it the exact same thing just different url?

nope, it's a different site with different database and users, but same owners (it seems)... I think the .com version is a beta site for the .org version though... the .org is more up to date...

Edited by Dibbes

Just asking......  but why would you want to add something that is/was a beta and probably considered out of date when you already have the primary up-to-date site?    just curious, not trying to rock the boat. ...  lol

Edited by pir8radio

Ok so I assume the api is different which will require all new development.

I don't know about that... sorry

Just asking......  but why would you want to add something that is/was a beta and probably considered out of date when you already have the primary up-to-date site?    just curious, not trying to rock the boat. ...  lol

the .org has not been very stable lately... I've been mainly using Podnapisi lately because the .org site quite often just doesn't give any returns...

Because it looks like "OpenSubtitles.org" will be blocked soon for a lot of users.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82103-warn-opensubtitlesorg-blocked-by-all-major-isps/

Because it looks like "OpenSubtitles.org" will be blocked soon for a lot of users.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82103-warn-opensubtitlesorg-blocked-by-all-major-isps/

Sounds like I need to setup an nginx proxy service for pay!      Get your own masked url that proxies opensubtitles.org  the masked url isnt blocked...   only $20/yr    :)

Humm how to get @@Luke to include a proxy option?  (alternative url to opensubtitles.org everything else the same)   :huh:  ^_^

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1