Win10 App Quits Selecting Downloads When Offline

rickgillyon

rickgillyon

Okay, I'm going away soon and wifi will be expensive, so I've downloaded a stack of content to the the Win10 App on my laptop. If I'm connected to my Wifi the downloads are available in Emby.

BUT: if I go offline, when I start the app, I get the select server screen; I click on Downloads and the app just closes. I assume it's not meant to do this? I was expecting to be able to watch them in the Emby app..

App is up to date, so is server. Server log attached, any ideas?

embyserver.txt

As a test, can you try wifi on but emby server off? I would like to differentiate between  no network connection vs no server connection. Thanks.

rickgillyon

It looks exactly the same from this end: stopped Emby server, laptop wifi enabled, browsed BBC to check connectivity, start Emby app on laptop, took longer to show select server, hit Downloads, quit.

rickgillyon

A lot of things. Mainly HEVC. TV shows (full seasons) and films. I also changed the download folder from C: to SD Card partway through.

rickgillyon

I removed all my downloads, on the server (via the Dashboard) and on my laptop. Then downloaded just 6 HEVC episodes of a series. Same result in the app when offline.

When you signed into your server did you uncheck "remember me" ? I found an open issue there where doing that will prevent access to downloads.

rickgillyon

No, but it's set to not to ask for passwords on local network anyway. So I just signed in manually, made sure the "remember" was ticked, quit the app, went offline, started the app, hit Downloads, and it still closed straight away.

Do you by any chance have music on your server? You could delete all existing downloads then just download a song. That would help narrow down if it's related to content.

rickgillyon

I don't use the server for music, but I've added some, told it to download and it's now "Ready to Transfer" - tried rebooting the laptop but still no go.  :wacko:

rickgillyon

Hmm, I got the song to transfer by downloading it on the laptop rather than sending it from the server. So just a downloaded song on there now, but the same behaviour when hitting Downloads offline. Instant close.

SirKelsaLot

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Seems to have just started in the last few weeks, but unsure exactly. Using Emby Theater 1.1.288.0.

If I open Emby while online and connect to my server, I can disconnect and offline playback works fine. If I close the app and re-open while offline, it instantly crashes when trying to access My Downloads.

taylorgillyon

I'm away from home tonight. As the above poster says, if I'm connected then disconnect, downloads play perfectly. If I have no connection when starting the app, the app crashes out.